Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my gigabyte ex58 ud5 is killed after bios update!!

Default Re: my gigabyte ex58 ud5 is killed after bios update!!

I just flashed my Gigabyte EX58-UD5 to f12 BIOS and it made my machine work much faster and more stable! It solved an S3 sleep issue I had as well. I flashed from f5 to f12. THe windows updater you used is most likely the culprit. LSDMEASAP has a very informative guide that is great to follow step by step to get a clean unflawed flash. ONLY, ONLY, ONLY use Q-Flash program it is the most stable and easiest. I installed a floppy drive in my machine even though they are near obsolete solelyf or dealing with the udating and saving of BIOS and saving CMOS settings. Make sure you use clean formatted or new discs and unzip the package you download to then and be sure they have the correct executable version on the disc and the unpacking was sucessful and virus free-just in case. Otherwise you will junk your BIOS and have to do alot of work to fix it, if you can at all. Yoy may have to discover how to revert to your secondary BIOS in a worst case scenario.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTOFECT-
    Graphics Machine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 ( f12 bios )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Core i7 Bloomfield 940 (Merom-CO step.) 2.93Ghz @ 3.68
    CPU
    settings w/ CPU Multi- x22/BClock- 166Mhz/ QPI Clock- x36
    CPU Cooler- CM-Hyper 212 PLUS (Dual Fan)
    Thermal Interface-Artic Silver MATRIX
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6GB Corsair XMS-3 (tri Channel 2Gb per) (9-9-9-23 @1328Mhz)
    Sapphire Radeon HD6970 (2GB) (Cayman XT)@940Mhz-GPU/@1425Mhz-MEM/Cat. 11.7
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870x2 (2GB) (Spartan R700) 2nd Option Backup
    640 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA (Sys)
    750 GB Seagate Barrracuda ES (Storage)
    250 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA (Utility)
    1000 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA (Archive)
    Antec 650 watt TP3 rev.2.0 Tri Power Trio PSU
    LG Super Multi drive-Sec.disc (burns all but B-ray)
    Antec 300 Case-MID Tower
    OS-Windows 7 SP1- Build 7601
    Case Cooling:
    Antec Fans
    (2) 120mm red led front intake fan-
    (1) 120mm tri-light side(PCI-xpress-VGA) intake fan
    (1) top 140mm red led exhaust fan
    (1) 120mm tri-light rear exhast fan (all 3 speed)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to hear your update has helped and went over problem free for you!

You were just posting this as informational right? I assume so since the reply before yours is a bit old

Yes LSD,
    thats it. On another subject I was tinkering with BIOS options learning them after reading the manual and that german link that has the virtual BIOS (translated by google) I was progressively getting to try another Overclock and bump My RAM ( Corsair XMS 3) speed and timings to at tested max (or slightly lower for stability) manufacturer settings of 1,333 Mhz / 9-9-9-24/ @ 1.50v.

Well the matter- All of the sudden Windows explorer started acted extremely slow for an i7 (slow for a P3,actually) when bringing up the MY computer explorer wiindow. I thought it was BIOS problems or somehow a recent catalyst drive update to 10.5. (never had a problem with that before though) All apps, games and internet work fine so it wasn't that. I was stumped until I noticed when I finally got into My computer the DVD drive would intermittently be absent. In the BIOS it was fine and recognized, Device manager reported device was functioning, but it kept causing the problem. SO I assumed it was causing a problem in the vista registry or services due to a malfunction. THe drive opened and lit but upon testing a disc, no spin only clicks obviously not good. I swapped the auction bought refurb LG for another Super Multi Drive. (all-in-one) I never had problems with a year old drive ecspecially LG- usually good stuff. Love thier monitors. anyway loaded optimised defaults and chnged the boot order to my system drive HDD to boot first, and boom all was back to FF. Previous I got a 75 error code on Mainboard LED- detect and install all IDE devices...hmmm, good call Gigabyte BIOS it put me on the right track. anyway that was informative too. Sorry if it is off subject.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTOFECT-
    Graphics Machine
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 ( f12 bios )

Core i7 Bloomfield 940 (Merom-CO step.) 2.93Ghz @ 3.68
    CPU
    settings w/ CPU Multi- x22/BClock- 166Mhz/ QPI Clock- x36
    CPU Cooler- CM-Hyper 212 PLUS (Dual Fan)
    Thermal Interface-Artic Silver MATRIX
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6GB Corsair XMS-3 (tri Channel 2Gb per) (9-9-9-23 @1328Mhz)
    Sapphire Radeon HD6970 (2GB) (Cayman XT)@940Mhz-GPU/@1425Mhz-MEM/Cat. 11.7
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870x2 (2GB) (Spartan R700) 2nd Option Backup
    640 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA (Sys)
    750 GB Seagate Barrracuda ES (Storage)
    250 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA (Utility)
    1000 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA (Archive)
    Antec 650 watt TP3 rev.2.0 Tri Power Trio PSU
    LG Super Multi drive-Sec.disc (burns all but B-ray)
    Antec 300 Case-MID Tower
    OS-Windows 7 SP1- Build 7601
    Case Cooling:
    Antec Fans
    (2) 120mm red led front intake fan-
    (1) 120mm tri-light side(PCI-xpress-VGA) intake fan
    (1) top 140mm red led exhaust fan
    (1) 120mm tri-light rear exhast fan (all 3 speed)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information