Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Wont POST GA-H55M-S2H

Default Wont POST GA-H55M-S2H - Problem solved thank you Chike

Hello Im looking for some new inputs on my problems.

Im trying to get my new system to boot but I get no signal to my monitor. Ive tried the onboard vga and DVI outputs and also tried with a pci-e Nvidia 8600gs and still no signal. Ive tried 2 different monitors to verify that this isnt the problem Ive also tried starting it on my desk with no components beside cpu, ram attached. My setup are: core i7 860, Kingston kvr 1333MHz ram (2x1024GB kit) and a NET-Q 430w PSU.

The systems seems to boot fine except the missing signal to my monitor. Ive tried removing the battery and clearing cmos. Ive also tried with only one ram module inserted and with no ram inserted. When I attached a HDD and CD with a windows xp cd in it, the HDD spun up and later after repeatedly pressing a button the cd light came on and it seemed to start reading the cd (installing windows and so on....). Of course the last thing i couldnt be sure of because of the no signal issue.

I know that the PSU is OK (tried it in another rig). Sadly I have not got another socket 1156 MB to try the CPU or the RAM. Ive double checked the 12v connector to the MB and also the longer connector on the MB. For the moment I think Im all out of ideas or is there something I can try? Im thinking its really strange that I have no signal from either graphics board (both internal and external)

Kind Regards E
    Last edited by agaton; 05-05-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Wont POST GA-H55M-S2H

Withoout a video card? I don't think the 860 has integrated vide.

Ahh thats the problem!

Youre completely right the 860 doesnt carry video. Ive ripped out my HTPC card a 7600Gt and now its working. It seems that the old 8600gs had died in my closset.

Thank you very much for a fast solution to my problem .

Chike is offline Senior Member

Glad I could be for a help and that everything work as it should.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see this was easily solved!

Glad to hear also you had a working card you could use so you could get your system going!

Post back anytime if you have any other questions or need help with anything.

Thread Information