Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EX58-UD4P + AHCI + SSD == unstable

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-UD4P + AHCI + SSD == unstable

I only find one thread via search with BeQuiet PSU's and X58 and the user was fine one he sorted his issue, IE Not the PSU.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ex58...82/index2.html

It was a 850W

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I am using an Ultra X3 850W
    Your PSU might be part of the problem? 600W is pushing it on X58
    Problem solved: It was indeed the BeQuiet PSU. Who would have thought that it was able to power the system with three HDDs, nVidia GT9800 under full load and a CPU under full load, but would fail when a single SSD was connected.

My guess is that because the SSDs transfer data at a much higher rate, the PSU is not able to keep the 3.3V stable enough when the data transfer starts or stops.

I currently have an LC 680W PSU connected and the system has been stable ever since.

However, I am rather unhappy with the LC. It makes much more noise. Do you have any recommendation for a really quiet PSU?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Hajo

if you like taking stuff apart like me you can change the fans in the psu for quieter ones,measure them so you know what size fans and thickness,noctua fans are silent fans if you wanted to replace them,they would be far quieter than the cheap ones the manufacturers use
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

That ^^^

I use and suggest Ultra PSU's, but you have to get a good one as they do make some fairly crappy ones! They are very quiet too!

I am using 2 850W models without issue on X58 even during extreme overclocking using dry ice.

Model is ULT40312, here is a link in case you want to check them out, $169 right now or you can probably get on ebay for a better price if you keep your eye out.
    Ultra X3 ULT40312 850-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Energy Efficient, Modular, Lifetime Warranty at TigerDirect.com

As for others that would be good, not sure I only use Ultra myself. You will have to wait for others to tell you their thoughts. I do know Zalman don't get along with these boards, and neither do some of the Corsair TX line I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information