Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler, GA-X58A-UD5, and Corsair Dominator RAM fit

Question Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler, GA-X58A-UD5, and Corsair Dominator RAM fit

Hello everyone, new to this forum.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I just purchased a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5, a Core i7-930 processor and some Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz<!-- google_ad_section_end --> RAM. Everything’s up and running just fine without issue under W7 Ultimate x64. No overclocks yet.
    <o:p></o:p>
    What I’d like to know is is there anyone out there with this combo using a Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler? I’ve already checked Noctura’s website and they say the cooler is compatible with the UD5, but can anyone give any insight on the above combination and its fit?
    Thanks.
    BTW my pc case is an Antec P182 case. <o:p></o:p>
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Core i7-950 @ 3.8GHz Processor
    Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
    6 gig Corsair Dominator - TR3X6G1600C8D
    ATI Radeon HD6950 2Gig Video Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Souncard
    Antec Signature SG-850 PS
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler, GA-X58A-UD5, and Corsair Dominator RAM fit

Are you worried about the ram not fitting under the cooler, or the cooler not fitting on the board?

The ram may not fit under the cooler if you use all 6 slots, but you may be ok with just 3 used slots because the memory will not go in the slot closest to the CPU.

As for the cooler compatible with the board itself, it may not be and I would tend to listen to them if they say it isn't, unless you find someone saying otherwise they probably have tested it.

Default Re: Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler, GA-X58A-UD5, and Corsair Dominator RAM fit

Did you check their FAQ?

Quote Originally Posted by mv2devnull View Post
    Did you check their FAQ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Ive already checked Nocturas website and they say the cooler is compatible with the UD5, but can anyone give any insight on the above combination and its fit?
    @ Lsdmeasap,

You could say I'm worried about the "both" however I'm only using 3 sticks of RAM, so If you're saying the clearence is good, that's what I need to know. I'm also curious about the northbridge heatsink getting in the way.

Again, I know Noctura says it fits, but I'm curious as to personal use/experience.

Thanks.
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

Well I am not positive clearance is good, as I have not personally used or seen this cooler so not sure how far "Over" it goes, but I can tell you for sure if you think it was only going to hit the first memory slot by the CPU then you are good to go as far as that goes because you can only use slots 1, 3, 5, (Physical 2, 4, 6) with 3 sticks of memory anyway.

Sorry, I mis-read your comment about their compatibility, thought you said incompatible is what they said.

No problem. I guess I'll have to do some more homework as I really like, and want, this cooler.

BTW you guys, or someone with the same name, did a review on it and gave it high marks.

Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler Introduction :: TweakTown

Thanks.

As a side note, that "Ramdom Question" thing is annoying. Just saying
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

Ya, that is our homepage / review site, link to homepage at the bottom of the forum

Random question will be gone once you have made 10 posts, sorry this is to help us keep a handle on spam.

The "compatible with UD5" probably implies "with standard height memory modules". The Corsair, aren't they taller than 40 mm?

The cooler's technical drawing states 44 mm clearance from the base, i.e. from top of CPU. Is that 8 mm from PCB, or was that figure just for Intel? And how "deep" do the RAM go anyway?

The drawing does show that the sink extends 85 mm from the center of CPU. Taking a real UD5, or just picture of it and its known size, one should be able to determine how many RAM slots does that 85 mm reach.

So my "insight" is that there seems to be enough numbers to logically rule out the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by mv2devnull View Post
    So my "insight" is that there seems to be enough numbers to logically rule out the impossible.
    LOL - Sorry that lost me :)

No offense intended.
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

Sygnus21

There is no need to be worried aboyt having a huge cooler hanging sideways in your PC - the bracket will surely hold. I am actually running a FX-14 (790g) with one Noctua fan in the middle and 2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 140 MM - one on each side. Those babies weighs 225g each and with the Noctua fan that is more than 1.3 kg - and it sits there rock solid. You could take a look at Prolimatech's newest low profil heatsink called Samuel 17. It looks to be very smal and weighs only 410g - it should be out sometime in June. Link with pictures below.

Edited: If you look at that link I posted you will see there is a 10 degrees difference between that NH-C12P-SE14 and the NH-D14 under load at 3.5 GHz - that is REALLY a lot when we talk heat.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1212/6/

Prolimatech Samuel 17: CPU-Kühler für Mini-PCs vorgestellt - cpu-kühler, prolimatech

Poul
    Last edited by Grnkjr0; 05-24-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information