Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-H22M-S2H will not power on! Help needed.

Default Re: GA-H22M-S2H will not power on! Help needed.

First off, I don't want to sound unappreciative to your help, and I haven't been trying to sound that way.

I don't think that this whole system would have more power requirements than a socket 939 3700+ (90nm, 85.3 TDP) CPU alone. Plus, I added in a GTS 250 and stressed with Furmark for a good 4 hours yesterday.

That was all using the same CX400 PSU that was from the original build. Also, I took the mobo out on Sunday (a few days ago), its been riding on its cardboard box since then.

I have tried the stock Intel cooler as well. Same results.

The Xigmatek I have doesn't have a backplate. I ordered one for it so I can put it one with the replacement mobo I get (RMA approved this morning).

Should have never put that cooler on there without a backplate. It's not that this Xigmatek cooler flexes the mobo more than the Intel stock cooler, because it doesn't. I just hate the fact that engineers think its o.k. for a PCB to flex like that. A backplate is the only way to fly.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-H22M-S2H will not power on! Help needed.

It's ok, you haven't sounded like that at all to me.

You may be right about your PSU, I was just asking if maybe it wasn't enough? Really enough wattage is not always the answer though, sometimes you need a more compatible PSU or certain amounts on the 12V rail for example, ect.

I agree, backplates all the way!!

Sorry I couldn't help you get this sorted out! And really you have not sounded unappreciative to me at all, or if you did I didn't notice :)

Hopefully your RMA goes smoothly and your new board works better! If it acts the same I would be trying to find a larger PSU to test with before buying one, just incase this is the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information