Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-UD3R and CoolerMaster 690 II Adv - Sata Dock

Default EP45-UD3R and CoolerMaster 690 II Adv - Sata Dock

For some reason my computer won't recognize any 3.5" hard drives I put into the CM 690II Adv sata dock but 2.5" drives appear to work just fine.

Any ideas? Anyone with this case and mobo seeing the same thing?
    Gaming Box | CM 690II Advanced | PCP&C Silencer 750w | Intel E6550 w/ Xigmatek Dark Knight | Gigabyte EP45-UD3R | BFG 8800GT OC | 2x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8GB) | WD Black 640GB | LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM | NEC 3500A | Dell 2407WFP | Win7 64-bit Business
    WHS | Antec 900 | OCZ StealthXStream 500w | Intel E1500 | ASUS P5K | EVGA 7900GT | 4x1GB DDR | WD 80GB (OS) | 2x Seagate 1TB SATA | 2x WD 750GB SATA | CoolerMaster 4-in-3 HD Cage | WHS PP1

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3R and CoolerMaster 690 II Adv - Sata Dock

Hmm, odd to hear. They both connect in the same manner to the dock right?

How are you connecting the dock to the board? Sorry, never used one myself. If you are using the external bracket and cables that come with the board, what ports are you connecting that to (Color and #), and what ports do you have everything else connected to?

No jumpers on the 3.5's right, and are these all SATA correct?

What settings are you using for the following, and are you using the latest BIOS?

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) .............
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ...........

Yes, all drives are SATA and no jumpers.

The "dock" is actually built into the top of the case.

The integrated sata cable for the dock is either connected to SATA2_5 or SATA2_1, because of the cable routing I can't tell which one. These are the ICH10R ports, I'm not using the purple GSATA ports.

I'm wondering if the dock isn't providing enough power for the larger 3.5" drive maybe? Seems odd since it has a 4-pin molex for power though.

I'll double-check the BIOS settings when I have a chance to reboot. I can't imagine any setting that would allow the 2.5" to work and not the 3.5"...
    Gaming Box | CM 690II Advanced | PCP&C Silencer 750w | Intel E6550 w/ Xigmatek Dark Knight | Gigabyte EP45-UD3R | BFG 8800GT OC | 2x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8GB) | WD Black 640GB | LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM | NEC 3500A | Dell 2407WFP | Win7 64-bit Business
    WHS | Antec 900 | OCZ StealthXStream 500w | Intel E1500 | ASUS P5K | EVGA 7900GT | 4x1GB DDR | WD 80GB (OS) | 2x Seagate 1TB SATA | 2x WD 750GB SATA | CoolerMaster 4-in-3 HD Cage | WHS PP1

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Is your OS drive on SATAII_0?

If so SATAII_1 would be fine for that SATA, but I would not put it on SATAII_5

Ya, settings shouldn't matter really, I just was wondering. I agree, can't see how power would be an issue either, drives don't use that much anyhow and a 4pin molex would be the same anyway it is connected (Via that port or direct to drive). Unless maybe something is wrong with that port, does it have it's own PCB in there somewhere, or is it just power pass thru?

Thread Information