Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a beta bios verson greater than the current F8J for GA-M750SLI-DS4?

Default Is there a beta bios verson greater than the current F8J for GA-M750SLI-DS4?

I am asking as I have issues with F8J after installing an MSI R5770 Hawk 1GB graphics card. The issue I have is that when rebooting, I can hear the PC fans increasing and decreasing in a repeating cycle for about 3 times. It is even worse (about 8 cycles) when I turn the computer off and then on at the power point. Also when putting the computer to sleep and awakening it, the power cycles start again and the computer does not wake up but just reboots.

I decided to reflash the bios back to F7 and that seems to have worked but in Windows 7 my CPU is shown as an AMD Phenom II x4 955 running at 1.6MHZ (rather than 3.2Mhz). I sent a technical support request to Gigabyte a couple of days ago but they have not responded. Does anyone know of this issue and if there is a fix or is Gigabyte working on it as we speak?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is there a beta bios verson greater than the current F8J for GA-M750SLI-DS4?

I am not finding a newer beta.

It sounds like F8j works fine, you just do not have the correct settings is all. Can you list your full specs and post some images of your MIT section.

Hopefully Artdrivers will come and help you with settings, he is our AMD Guru here. The issue you are describing sounds like incorrect settings are being used, so the board is cycling to reload defaults.

YOu must be 100% stable to resume from sleep too, are you sure you are, have you tested and if so for how long and with what tools?

Default Re: Is there a beta bios verson greater than the current F8J for GA-M750SLI-DS4?

Before I installed the MSI R5770 Hawk graphics card I had a stable environment with my old MSI 8800GTS 320MB graphics card using F8J bios. It became unstable when I installed the MSI R5770 Hawk graphics card.

Sorry for not knowing but how do I take snapshot of my MIT section?

Also when you say that I do not have the correct settings are you referring to voltage settings, timing settings.... I am using the default BIOS settings. Are you suggesting that I need to change the default settings because the MSI R5770 Hawk graphics card needs special settings?

Ahh, ok! Maybe you just need to add a little bit of NB or SB voltage for the new card?

You would need to use a normal camera to take pics of your settings.

And yes, that is what I was referring to, your voltage settings and timings, ect.

Here is the MIT screen when F8J is installed.

Thanks, you will need to wait for or pm Artdrivers for help with that part of things

Is there a beta bios verson greater than the current F8J for GA-M750SLI-DS4?
    No I don't believe so. Below is a list of the latest Beta Bioses. You may want to right click and ad it to favorites or bookmark it for future refference. ---->
    JZ Board
    It seems that cpu must have the F8j bios. That is a Beta bios.This would indicate they are still working on it. Click on the link below and scroll down to the list of socket AM3 list. Than look to the right side to see the bios that supports the cpu (F8j is what they list.)--->
    GA-M750SLI-DS4 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List
    You may want to Load Optimized Defaults before and after flashing your bios.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 05-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

I can hear the PC fans increasing and decreasing in a repeating cycle for about 3 times.
    You may be able to correct the fans by going into your bios and look in PC Health Status and disable the smart fan control for the fans you are having the problem with. (CPU fans, or System fans)? Providing they are connected to the proper headers.
    This will allow them to run at full speed all the time. You can always find a fan monitoring program that will adjust the speeds of the fans to your own liking.
    Code:
    PC Health Status
    Reset Case Open Status [Disabled]
    Case Opened No
    Vcore 1.364V
    DDR2 1.8V 2.176V
    +3.3V 3.232V
    +12V 11.921V
    Current System Temperature 40oC
    Current CPU Temperature 29oC
    Current CPU FAN Speed 2518 RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN2 Speed 0 RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN1 Speed 0 RPM
    Current POWER FAN Speed 0 RPM
    System Warning Temperature [Disabled]
    CPU Warning Temperature [Disabled]
    CPU FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    SYSTEM FAN2 Fail Warning [Disabled]
    SYSTEM FAN1 Fail Warning [Disabled]
    POWER FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Control [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode [Auto] see quote below
    System Smart FAN Control [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode
    Specifies how to control CPU fan speed. This item is configurable only if CPU Smart FAN
    Control is set to Enabled.
    Auto Lets BIOS autodetect the type of CPU fan installed and sets the optimal CPU fan
    control mode. (Default)
    Voltage Sets Voltage mode for a 3-pin CPU fan.
    PWM Sets PWM mode for a 4-pin CPU fan.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 05-11-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

One thing I noticed when I flashed to F8j (and you can see in the screen dump above) is that the CPU VCore increased to 1.4000V. In the stable F7 bios, the vCore is 1.0250 volts. Could that make the difference?

Also thanks for the reply re the fans artdrivers but I forgot to mention that the fans only do the increasing and decreasing before the monitor comes on and shows the POST screen. What happens is that when I press the power button to turn the computer on there is an approx 30 second pause when the following occurs:

1. the fans increase and decrease in speed
    2. the dvdrw drive light flashes a couple of times for each cycle of fans increasing & decreasing. In a normal boot the dvdrw light will flash a couple of times but will not repeat the flashing cycle 8 times as in the case of F8J bios.

After the 30 seconds are up the monitor comes on, shows the POST screen and the fans run normally.

I think I will have to stick with F7 bios (until a new bios comes out) as I used it all day yesterday and it seems to be stable except for Windows 7 reporting the Mhz as 1.6 rather than 3.2 Mhz. I somehow don't think the CPU is running at 1.6Mhz as I can play games and do other stuff on the PC and it appears quicker the my old AMD Athlon X2 4600+ cpu.

Thanks for your help so far.
    Last edited by tonyeliza01; 05-12-2010 at 04:22 AM.

I think I will have to stick with F7 bios
    That is your decision. However you are running at half the potential while using the wrong bios. If you want to run the cpu as it is intended to run you will want the F8j bios . Then you can set the cpu to run more stable by switching the power options to balanced. Either way I will offer a downloadable site which has a program called PhenomMSRTweaker. This program will allow you to adjust the cpu voltages and raise or lower the cpu multipliers for each core to your own likings in Windows.
    PhenomMSRTweaker
    PhenomMsrTweaker: Cool & Quiet customized
    Which Windows are you using? I have very little info on your desktop. Do you think you could fill out a signature? Just open the settings tab above on the right. Then scroll down and open the edit signature in the list on the left side. Fill in all your desktops parts in there. Then you can choose a font color, size and save it. The signature will appear on all of your posts as my green one does below. Wait a bit for it to post. It will post with all of your posts. This will help us alot in our suggestions. Their are many suggestions we can offer when we have enough info on your system. You may want to try some of them

Your cpu should be at 0.850-1.40V or at 0.875-1.5V. Depending on which AMD PhenomII 955 you have. Below is a comparison of the 2. A program called CPUZ would tell you which revision you have C2 or C3?
    Compare AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Phenom™, AMD Athlon™ FX, AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core, AMD Athlon™, and AMD Sempron™ Processor

We cannot help you much with your memory timings for we would need to research the memory part numbers for that. Let us know if you need anymore help.
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W