Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first OC: EP45-UD3P/E8500(e0)/G.Skill 2x2 PC28500

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: first OC: EP45-UD3P/E8500(e0)/G.Skill 2x2 PC28500

Anytime! We are here to help!

1. 2.40B and or 2.00D will only give you the Mhz I said above after you switch you FSB to 450 as suggested above. Once you set 450 FSB, then adjust the memory multi you will see.

2. Voltage, that is up to you, you may want to start at the top and work your way down, or start at the bottom and inch your way up until you get things stable. You may find it easier either way, I always start high myself and lower as I test, but you can do it either way. Also the voltages I suggest are only a educated guess, you may need more or less of any given setting depending on your specific hardware. For the memory settings, start with the higher ones and slowly work your way down later testing as you go.

3. I use CPU-z, Everest, and Realtemp myself. It's all up to you, grab a few and see what you like. For testing you should use Memtest86+, Prime95 or Orthos, and for quick (HOT) testing you can use LinX or Intel Burn Test. I also use several instances of HCI memtest at the same time within windows once I am sure things are fairly stable, just to add to the testing list.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! I am glad you found it helpful here, we try our best to help all our fellow GIGABYTE users as often as we can!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Anytime! We are here to help!

1. 2.40B and or 2.00D will only give you the Mhz I said above after you switch you FSB to 450 as suggested above. Once you set 450 FSB, then adjust the memory multi you will see.

2. Voltage, that is up to you, you may want to start at the top and work your way down, or start at the bottom and inch your way up until you get things stable. You may find it easier either way, I always start high myself and lower as I test, but you can do it either way. Also the voltages I suggest are only a educated guess, you may need more or less of any given setting depending on your specific hardware. For the memory settings, start with the higher ones and slowly work your way down later testing as you go.

3. I use CPU-z, Everest, and Realtemp myself. It's all up to you, grab a few and see what you like. For testing you should use Memtest86+, Prime95 or Orthos, and for quick (HOT) testing you can use LinX or Intel Burn Test. I also use several instances of HCI memtest at the same time within windows once I am sure things are fairly stable, just to add to the testing list.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! I am glad you found it helpful here, we try our best to help all our fellow GIGABYTE users as often as we can!
    So I learned something today. DON'T mess with bios when you just woke up. I see the problem now as I'm pretty sure I set the FSB to 400 accidentally instead of 450 which will now makes perfect sense. That was my brain dead fault right there and thanks for pointing that out.

I think you gave me more than enough info now to start OC tomorrow. I'll keep you updated on how it all goes. Thanks for all the help so far!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, ya that could be what happened, actually sounds like you may have looked at the memory speed with 333 FSB set because 2.40x333=800 and 2.00x333=667.

So looks like you just noticed that before you even changed the FSB is all, no biggie I often do silly things on my PC when I just wake up or am very tired too! Sometimes I even post silly responses here then too without noticing until the next day :)

Coo, good luck on the overclocking adventure! Be sure to stop in and let us know how things go, and of course if you need any help along the way just stop in and give us a shout!

I will also be on a overclock mission tomorrow! I have a dry ice session in the works, so I might not be in so much until Monday, or when I get done with my session late Sunday night.

So wish me luck as well :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information