Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EP35c-DS3R Strange Display problem during Boot

Unhappy EP35c-DS3R Strange Display problem during Boot

I am using:
    Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R (BIOS ver. F4)
    Intel core 2 quad Q8200
    DDR3 (667MHz) Single channel 2GB Kingston Memory
    Graphics:Nvdia GeForce 9400GT revision C1

[while CPU-Z shows in the 'Mainboard' Tab:-
    Graphics Interface
    Version: PCI-Express
    Link width: x1 Max. supported: x16]

LG Studioworks 700E monitor
    500 GB Seagate HDD

My Problem is:
    When I press the power button of my PC it starts(as I can hear cpu fan sound & see power,HDD lights) but no display till 10seconds and at 10sec a long 1sec lasting beep comes no display till now.. and the display does not comes within 5min if waited.
    But at 10sec when the long beep comes if I press the 'REBOOT' button on my PC it reboots after 5-10sec of pressing the reboot button(as the power light & HDD light turns off and then again turns on) and within 2-3sec I hear a short beep and the display comes and the windows XP loads normally and creates no problem till I shutdown. But after shuttdown if I want to turn on the PC the same thing happens, I have to wait 10secs then the long 1sec beep comes after I hear the long beep I have to press the 'REBOOT' button of my PC then after 2-3sec I hear the short beep and the OS loads normally.

Can you suggest me why I am facing this kind of startup problems during boot?
    Thanks in advance..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP35c-DS3R Strange Display problem during Boot

This could be caused by your memory, some 667Mhz memory causes issues. Do you have any other you can test with?

What PSU are you using? Can you tell me the model # of your memory, if you are not sure post a image of the SPD tab of CPU-z

What BIOS are you using? Are you setting the BIOS settings yourself? If not this could also be part of the problem.

I do suggest you update your BIOS, latest is here (F13a)
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...41/index2.html

Please use Qflash or DOS to update your BIOS, here is a guide
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

DO NOT USE @BIOS!! And do be sure to read the guide especially if you are using RAID, otherwise you might corrupt your array.

I suggest the BIOS update for a few reasons, it may help with memory related issues and it may also help you correct your PCIE x1 issue (If your card is not faulty).

Have you tested your card in another PC and found it to function at x16? If not, please do if you can so we can know if it is OK or not.

Arrow Re: EP35c-DS3R Strange Display problem during Boot(Thanks 'Lsdmeasap' for quick rply)

I have also uploaded all CPU-Z tabs' image files, please look at them.
    Thanking in advance.

I do suggest you update to the latest BIOS with Qflash using the above linked guide, this may help you solve some of your issues since your BIOS is so old.

Be sure you go through the loading optimized routine, and be especially sure to follow the guide closely if you use RAID so you do not corrupt your array during the flash.

Then once you are done, set performance enhance to standard, set your memory voltage to +0.05 or 0.1 if you cannot set 0.05, just so you are sure you are getting 1.5-1.55 at least.

Also set MCH Core voltage to +0.2 for 4GB of memory.

Then if you still have issues let me know. Can you also answer my other questions above?

Thanks again..for reply..

In your 1st reply you have provided me a link for updating BIOS for 'EP35C-DS3R'

But in that link page is showing the latest version of BIOS for my 'EP35C-DS3R' is F4

There is a F13a available as you said but that is for 'P35C-DS3R' now can I update with that F13a for my 'EP35C-DS3R'?

please view at these tabs' images..
    Last edited by admsg4deep; 05-17-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Sorry! My bad on the BIOS version, no you cannot use F13a, sorry that is for the NON "E" P35.

You have EP35 so the latest would be F4, which you are already using.

What PSU are you using? And are you setting any of the BIOS settings yourself?

Please give me your full current settings in a template linked in my signature

It may just be this memory is not getting along with the board very well, do you have any other memory you can test with?

Did you load optimized defaults in the BIOS yet?

Thanks for reply..

Actually I am going with the "Optimized defaults" setting..

Still the problem exists..

I am again going to upload an image of CPU-Z 'SPD' tab..Please look at it for 667mHz memory issues (as you said earlier)..

I am using 450 watt PSU.. And also my graphic card is not functioning @PCI-E x16..
    Last edited by admsg4deep; 05-18-2010 at 11:42 PM.

I am also uploading an GPU-Z tab image where you can see that the graphics card is running @ PCIE x1 instead of x16.. please look at it..

Ya, I saw that about your GFX card in CPU-z images. Can you test this card in another machine and be sure it is working at x16 there?

I need your BIOS settings so I can help you with the memory issues, or at least try to help.

You may need to get at least 800Mhz memory, 667Mhz memory often causes issues as it is very slow/old tech

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information