Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0

Still trying to locate one. From searching around, apparently it isn't out in the wild yet.

Anyone hear anymore on an ETA?

Edit: Just got off the phone with a sales rep, the date he stated was now early august.
    Last edited by Flinch; 07-07-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Talking Re: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0

A very good source says that the GA-X58A-UD5 (Rev. 2.0) boards are already in the USA, but are being held back in distributors warehouses until the Rev. 1.0 boards can be flushed through their systems. Just take a look at the rebate on the Rev. 1.0 board plus free shipping from Newegg.com for an example of a major online distributor trying to get rid of the old stock (Newegg is also rumored to actually have Rev. 2.0 boards sitting in their warehouse that they won't release for sale - how to you like that?)

So we won't likely see the Rev. 2.0 boards until the old stuff is gone (pity the poor fools that buy the Rev. 1.0 boards). Although the changes in the Rev. 2.0 are subtle, they are nevertheless quite significant and will, according to the source, make for some significant improvements in OC, especially with the new Intel i7-970 CPU that will be forthcoming in the near future. I'm going to wait for the Rev. 2.0 board.

Best regards to everyone. TheBeagle

That does not surprise me. I can only imagine how long it's going to take to move through all the 1.0 boards.......

Hi, I found one at my local Micro Center in Denver, CO. It is funny, because I think the stock guy messed up. I found the rev. 2 on the shelf in the wrong spot and they had the rev. 1 in the back. I cannot wait to get the rest of my peices in to get this baby up and running.

Very nice, I look forward to your results.

I had a few interesting conversations today with Gigabyte. I initially called and left a message with Sales. A little while later I called to speak with customer service. Que the Benny Hill music.............

The gentleman from customer service took the time out to look on the computer to see who has them and how many. He stated how many pieces Newegg has, and also stated that Rev 2 is what they should now be shipping.

I decided to get on live-chat with Newegg. The person I was on with had me hold a minute while she looked up the Rev 2. She stated they are shipping. I asked if I were to purchase one now, would I be guaranteed to get the Rev 2, she stated Yes I would.
    Done deal, I placed my order and took screen-shots of the conversation to cover my butt if I receive a Rev 1.

I receive a phone call just a minute ago, and it was a gentleman from Gigabyte sales returning my call. He stated there are currently no rev 2 boards in the United States, and they won't arrive until quarter 4 of this year. Hmm, interesting. He also proceeded to tell me the only differences are the on/off charge support-which there is more to the revision than that. Why do they not want to talk about the new VRM's?

This is what Dlnos22 had to say about the new VRM's:

Guys i'm the technical marketing manager for GIGABYTE Australia, you don't need to go any further to find answers about stuff like this.

The new PWM design is more advanced than the old design and is an upgrade not a downgrade lol. Number of phases do not automatically mean better power design. It depends on the component used and how it's implemented. We've moved onto a new driver MOS system which is very advanced and each mosfet can take more punishment. This new PWM will outperform the older style 24phase when you stick a Core i7 980X give it -190C and 1.95vcore and run vantage past 6GHz. That was the major consideration for moving to the new design!

We have also managed to integrate a new VRM redundancy system so it switches between two sets of 8 phases to increase the life span of phases and also if one of the phases dies the board will still work and use the second set seamlessly without the end user ever noticing. This new VRM allows us to control the way we use phases so for example when you drive an 8 cylinder car around and stop on traffic lights you dont need 8 cylinders to idle the car but only 1 hence reducing the fuel consumption. Same goes for this new VRM. It will can be controlled better than the old VRM so we can switch off sets of 2 phases and give the CPU enough power to operate in any instance but also not using all the phases to reduce power waste.

That right there is good enough reason for me to want the 2.0.

I'll keep this thread posted when it arrives Thursday, and what revision I get.

So what did you get? Rev1 or 2?

I received a Rev 1.0, even though I was assured I'd receive the Rev 2.0. I have no complaints what-so-ever with the board and revision.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information