Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-MA770T-UD3P - PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

Default GA-MA770T-UD3P - PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

I have a problem with non-working S3(Suspend-to-RAM) state. System goes to this state and power off. When I power on, I receive following message:

Warning! Now System is in Safe Mode. Please re-setting Frequency in the CMOS setup.

+ table with "POST error occurs!" and possibility to select Last known good config. When I select last good config, the system reboots and Windows loads with message "System was not shutdown properly...". Power is not lost during STR mode, so I don't see reason why this happens. Other states - S1(Power-On-Suspend) or hibernation - works correctly.

I already tried to update BIOS from original F3 to the latest F7 but it doesn't solve my problem. System is not overclocked, I just changed memory divider from 6.66x to 8x to support my RAM speed, but problem appears also without this change.

I already tried to contact Gigabyte support but I was only asked to download all windows updates and new nvidia drivers. But I have everything updated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-MA770T-UD3P(rev. 1.0)
    BIOS Ver : F3, updated to F7
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : Gainward 9600GT 512MB Green Edition
    CPU Brand : AMD Model : Athlon II X4 620 Speed : 2.60 GHz
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : -
    Memory Brand : Kingston Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 4 GB Speed : 1600 MHz
    Power Supply : Enermax Liberty 400 W
    Last edited by Big Muscle; 05-21-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Default Re: PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

Try earlier drivers/BIOS releases, newer versions sometimes introduce problems as well.

Also remove any hardware that you don't absolutely need, any USB devices, PCI(e) cards etc., they could also cause this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Try earlier drivers/BIOS releases, newer versions sometimes introduce problems as well.

Also remove any hardware that you don't absolutely need, any USB devices, PCI(e) cards etc., they could also cause this.
    I have tested that it doesn't depend on drivers version. Tested BIOSes were only F3 and F7, I don't want to flash with old BIOS.

I just tried to remove all HW which is not needed, also tried underclock my RAM. Nothing helped. Just noticed when power is lost during S3, BIOS won't show that POST error and Windows will resume like from hibernation (when hybrid sleep is enabled).

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You may need to use S1 sleep as it sounds like it is not fixed in your BIOS since it fails at stock speeds.

You are setting your own memory voltage right? And increasing NB VID for 4GB of ram?

S1 works ok so I could use it, but S4 (hibernation) would be better in this case because it eats less power than S1.

No, I didn't set any voltage. The only thing I set is memory clock from 6.66x to 8x (to support my 1600 MHz DDR3), but problem appears also without this change. Any other settings are in default (Auto) values.

Ahh well not setting things may be part of the problem, I really dont know much about AMD so I can help a whole lot.

I can say I know you need to set your own Memory voltage manually, and for 4GB or more you often have to increase NB voltage too.

Edit your post to put your motherboard name in the title, then Artdrivers should see your post and come help you with settings. He is our AMD guru and would be able to best advise you on settings.

Ok, post title updated.

Now I tried change memory timings. Auto values were higher than SPD one, so I tried changing from Auto to same values as SPD says. But it didn't help.

I have no experience with voltage setting, so I didn't touch it, because system is fully stable in other cases than S3 state.

You didn't go advanced and edit the full main title. I'll edit it for you now though

You need to set your memory voltage to spec, and NB VID Voltage needs increased as well. Timings for now can likely be left in auto.

Default Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P - PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

You are probably right.

I have these memory kit: Kingston HyperX 4GB BlackEd. (kit 2x 2GB) 1600MHz
    And it's specification says CL9 (9-9-9-27), 1.7-1.9V

but BIOS is set to 1.6V in default. I will try to increase DRAM voltage in setup.

Default Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P - PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

Ok, then yes you need to set your ram voltage to 1.7-1.9, I'd start with 1.9 and lower later and then increase your NB voltage (NB VID I believe in your BIOS)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information