Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte x58a udr3 Revision 2.0

Default Re: Gigabyte x58a udr3 Revision 2.0

Yeah he's a good sales person. Knows his stuff and tries to hang on to his customers by providing a personal touch as evidenced by the e-mail.
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Core i7-950 @ 3.8GHz Processor
    Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
    6 gig Corsair Dominator - TR3X6G1600C8D
    ATI Radeon HD6950 2Gig Video Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Souncard
    Antec Signature SG-850 PS
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

I think I am the only person so far that I have seen to report receiving a Rev 2 board. I posted these details over on HardForum and thought I would register here to get help and let you guys know the details:

Just so everyone knows, I ordered this from Newegg on Thursday night, 5/20 (order processed, shipped Friday, 5/21) and I received it Wednesday, 5/26.

I received it from the warehouse in California, Baldwin Park.
    I ordered an entire system worth of parts, so it all came from there. I live in Seattle, WA.
    FWIW, someone ordered after me, and got Rev 1.0 from Nashville, TN (that's all they ordered though).

This is my first system build since 2003, and I didn't know much then, so I am testing everything I can now. I do have a question though.

I built my system, and when I press the power button, it takes 14 seconds for the boot screen to finally show up. Is this normal? Someone over on HardForum on a Rev1 board told me it should be instant.

Quote Originally Posted by SlithereenSlardar View Post
    when I press the power button, it takes 14 seconds for the boot screen to finally show up. Is this normal? Someone over on HardForum on a Rev1 board told me it should be instant.
    Hi Slithereen,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your rev 2 board. You might want to post your probem in the tech support forum - http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/welc...support-24883/

When you post make sure you mention that you have the new rev 2 board.

Good luck
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

SolidBladez is offline Member

I built my system, and when I press the power button, it takes 14 seconds for the boot screen to finally show up. Is this normal? Someone over on HardForum on a Rev1 board told me it should be instant.
    That is about how long it takes for my X58A-UD5 (rev. 1).

Quote Originally Posted by SolidBladez View Post
    That is about how long it takes for my X58A-UD5 (rev. 1).
    Hmmm.....I have the same board and mine don't take that long. Of course I have Quick Boot enabled and also disabled Full Screen LOGO Show.

And since i'm not using RAID I've disabled eXtreme Hard Drive and just use AHCI for ICH SATA Control Mode.

You can also get Windows to load up faster by bringing up MSCONFIG by going to Start, typing msconfig in the search box, at the top of the start menu, click msconfig.exe, click the Boot tab, and look for the Timeout box and change the default time from 25 seconds to something like 3-5 seconds or whatever you want.

Attachment 2574

With this setup I boot fairly quick. It's not as fast as my Intel board, but itís quick enough.

Good luck.
    - My System Specs -
    GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Win7 Ult x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

It is about average, it all depends on what you have enabled/disabled in the BIOS

Just so everyone knows, my Rev 2 board has coil whine. What should I do?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Get a new/different PSU? Did you have a rev. 1 that did not make this noise?

Disable C1E and EIST, disable easytune services from starting with the OS

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Get a new/different PSU? Did you have a rev. 1 that did not make this noise?

Disable C1E and EIST, disable easytune services from starting with the OS
    This is my first X58A-UD3R board. Is there a list of working PSU's that don't exhibit coil whine with this board?

Should I start a new thread with my system hardware listing and bios settings to "resolve" my slow to boot screen time. I think 14 seconds is ridiculous. What can I look at because I've disabled all the ports I am not using.

I think I am the only person so far that I have seen to report receiving a Rev 2 board. I posted these details over on HardForum and thought I would register here to get help and let you guys know the details:

Just so everyone knows, I ordered this from Newegg on Thursday night, 5/20 (order processed, shipped Friday, 5/21) and I received it Wednesday, 5/26.

I received it from the warehouse in California, Baldwin Park.
    I ordered an entire system worth of parts, so it all came from there. I live in Seattle, WA.
    FWIW, someone ordered after me, and got Rev 1.0 from Nashville, TN (that's all they ordered though).
    I ordered on 5/26 and received it today, 6/2. I received the Rev 1.0 board :( I'm also in Seattle, WA and the package also left the BALDWIN PARK, CA, US facility. Guess there's still 1.0s floating around there. I might try to contact them and see if I can try and exchange for a Rev 2.0 board. Anyone tried doing this before?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information