Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: p45-ud3p oc help/ temp problem

Default Re: p45-ud3p oc help/ temp problem

spent all day doing this, nothing is working. random BSODs and prime errors regardless of how much vcore i give it. havent gone past 1.42 vcore but it just isnt stable at anything. i lowered fsb to 410, dropped vcore to 1.39 because temps were getting way too hot. 80F ambient and hitting 65C on load with prime. got a prime error with that too. started getting BSODs durring shutdown and restart, put all ram settings to auto and still no success.

either my e8400 is crap or my raid 0 drives are messing it all up. tough call. cant swap out drives because over 1T of data on them.

Windows logo boot screen is still missing. got corrupted or missing program data on start up as well.

DS3L was way easier lol.

i gave it one more shot. loaded optimized defaults and went from there.

i put vcore to 1.42 and fsb to 440. memory multi at 2.00D and upped a specific voltage that didnt have the setting you suggested.

cpu vcore to 1.42- dropped to 1.39v with each passing intel burn test im dropping a notch to see where it fails.

cpu term 1.34v
    cpu pll 1.590v-- jumps from 1.570 to 1.590

mch core 1.260v

Ram 2.1v

i touched my ram with my finger and can hold it for longer than 10 seconds so its not bad. tis warm but not hot.

everything else including ram settings are on auto except memory multi at 2.00D.

i ran the intel burn in test and hit 72 degree under load. it passed but graphics failed on me. video card reset. i thought i fried something but all is good. passed the test!

ill keep going down with the vcore till i find a voltage setting thats not stable.

now i know my cpu is ok, we can move on to the ram. im guessing my ram might be the issue or the southbridge voltage because of the video card reset, drivers malfunctioning, corrupted files from previous unstable clocks and a missing windows boot screen. i have the users list at log on but no boot screen. weird.

i enclosed a pic of the video crash which reset itself. it wont let me upload the pic of the finished test though. high temp 72 under load with intel burn test and currently idling at 37(core 0), 42 (core 1 stuck)

sorry for all the posting lol, been trying all day

random BSODs with file corruptions. deleted raid and reinstalled windows. BSOD again after that. Windows memory diagnostic tool ran and found hardware error. Ran memtest86+, found no errors. at a loss right now :(
    pc will not shut down either from start> shut down. have to hold down power button to shut it off. computer is possessed lol
    Last edited by manoots; 05-25-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

ive deleted the raid 0 set up.. using 4 drives now as stand alones. i was using 2xraid 0. intel and then the gigabyte. ohwell :(
    ive loaded iptimized defaults as well because i cant get this thing to shut down at all. even with optimized defaults it wont shut down.

*edit* just installed windows 7 upgrade and i can now shut down!! YAY! lol
    appreciate your patience with me Lsdmeasap. not too savvy on the mobo voltages. maybe i had a voltage set too high or too low and it screwed up my raid? or was it something that was left on auto? i hear lots of people saying that auto setting will overvolt many things.

memtest found no errors so will run windows memory diagnostic tool again because thats what told me i had a hardware problem at first.
    Last edited by manoots; 05-26-2010 at 09:24 AM.

You can use free programs to backup your arrays, if you think about going RAID again let me know and I will show you a few that way you can backup your array once or twice a week and not have to worry about this kinda thing.

Glad to see you can shut down now!

Are you using the latest Memtest86+ 4.10? Just checking, you need to let it run 5-10 full passes.

Then you can test in windows with orthos or Prime95

yeah i fell asleep when it was running. im guessing it did more than that if i didnt have to tell it how many passes to do. windows mem diagnostic works, and memtest. now ill try prime and intel burn test to make sure its still good. i wish i knew why it happened tho. kind of sucks :(

Maybe power outage or a surge?

Memtest86+ will run forever if you don't stop it, you can see how many passes it has ran in the 2-3 row from the right, and the wall time (how long) on the left too

i dunno. i have a belkin surge protector so it shouldnt of happened. could it be my ram not overclockable? it is ddr2 800 anyway, kind of sucks that it would not be able to go to 900mhz. but one thing to note, as soon as i played with the submenu timings i got instant BSODs while i had them on auto the BSOD was happening still but was delayed. not everything in stock and non raid its all stable.

Na, 996580 kit is very overclockable, have 2 sets myself.

Of course it has it's limits until you need to loosen timings or up voltages, ect, but overall it is a very nice kit!

For 900Mhz use 544-12, 1,20-1.24 MCH, and 2.05-2.1V ram voltage. Use the 2.00D strap and tRD 9

455-12 is also possible with these, but will take you a bit of tinkering, they will also of course easily run 555-15 1066+

Here is some settings I used last time I tested this kit for 24 hours on P45.

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-26-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information