Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: p45-ud3p oc help/ temp problem

Default Re: p45-ud3p oc help/ temp problem

ok tweaked those settings. using vcore of 1.4 but temps are way too high, probably due to ambient temperature im hoping.
    Intel Burn Test standard test passed at 85 degrees max
    Intel Burn Test maximum failed at 87 degrees max

Prime95- 5 minutes in no errors so far and temps peak at 71

i dont know which one to go by. all these temps seem high but i do need an a/c lol

1 hour into p95, temps load between 68-71 stable :O
    dont know why it fails ibt linpack tho

prime95 failed after an hour and a half. i set vcore to 1.41 and test again. i get no vdroop but i do get a vdrop. vcore in cpuz is 1.392 at idle and load. Core Temps VID is 1.2250. is the new vcore safe?
    Last edited by manoots; 05-27-2010 at 06:05 AM.

kick is offline Senior Member

I just check in to these threads now for 775 cpu/ep-45 action.

The newer cpu's/mbrds dont have enough of a performance increase yet to justify upgrading .

Thats what I use /have used for almost 2 years so its what i know most about.
    the temps and testing well prime is gonna real world test to the max, linpac/intel burn will test your equipment more ,OCCT includes all those and also has tests that will get your cpu even hotter before failure, mine failed around 93-95C :)

I dont have the interest anymore to go into all the variables but if i can keep my quad sys stable at 2000 fsb all this time ,a dual should be np
    There might be some usefull settings here

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/q840...igh-fsb-37179/
    Last edited by kick; 05-27-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You may need a better cooler, or to back off your overclock a little bit.

Those temps do look a little on the warm side.

Prime95 will always be cooler than Intel Burn Test, as it does not load the CPU the same way

thanks for the info. also its 33 degrees C right now. i definitely need to get an a/c soon. i raised FSB to 450 just to see if i get any BSODs or any type of system crashes. its running good so far so its all in the voltage tweaks from here on out.. and a a/c. gonna see if i can pick up 4 120mm fans tomorrow for the case because i only have a 250mm side intake and a 120mm front intake with no exhaust except from the psu fans. lost the 120mm exhaust fan the armor+ came with :(

is the vcore good enough tho or is it too much? afraid of frying cpu

Ahh, no exhaust fans? That might be the cause of your higher temps.

Your CPU will be fine, you may need more or less, but it's still ok for now.

Do you have 2 fans push/pull on your dark knight, or just the one? Are you using fan control on it or is it @ 100% always?

250mm side intake, 1x120mm intake by hard drives and the dark knight just has 1x120mm fan pushing. tomorrow ill go get some fans and hopefully that will help because the ambient room temp is freakin 33c right now :(

Ahh ok, you may have better temps once you get a rear exhaust going.

You could also add another fan wire wire ties to the other side of your dark knight, that would help too.

You never said, do you have BIOS fan control enabled or have it disabled and fans running at 100%?

just got back from memorial day weekend :)
    as soon as i stepped into my house i went straight to pc lol but i found the first stable overclock!!!

heres the info:

440FSB
    vcore 1.39375
    Cpu Termination 1.260v
    Cpu Pll 1.500v (anything other than this causes instability)

Mch Core 1.260v
    Mch reference 0.758v ( having hard time setting right percentages so used Cpu Term 1.260 and played with mch reference)

ran IBT on standard and temps peaked at 68 degrees. IBT on maximum peaked at 72 degrees. my ambient temps are close to 90 degrees F so with an a/c i should drop minimum 5 degrees and ill be in the preferred temps range. installed fans too. 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans. soon ill be replacing the stock dark knight fan with something stronger and on both sides :)

to reach 450 fsb which voltage would need readjustment? im thinking abouyt leaving it as is but 1ghz upgrade is too good to pass up lol, its only 5 more fsb :(

forgot to mention, fans are set to 100%

*EDIT* tried various voltages for 446FSB for 4.01ghz.. passed ibt standard but failed maximum. i guess im stuck at 3.9ghz :(

took vcore to 1.41, cpu term to 1.32, mch reference from .8+volts and it was a no go. booted to windows but no matter what i do to cpu term and mch reference it wont pass stress test. temps peak really high too, 75 degrees. even tried 446fsb with same results

depending on what you think ill either go for the 4ghz or stay here and start tweaking ram. maybe my c0 is a dud lol
    Last edited by manoots; 06-01-2010 at 11:32 AM.

There is no "Right" percentage using MCH Ref, it's all trial and error, just try more/less is all. If less than .76 does not work try higher.

I really do think you need more Vtt (CPU Term) since your Vcore needs to be that high, it's likely your CPU also needs more Vtt. Try 1.28-1.32 with MCH Ref .68-.72

thanks for the help. will try again. one thing to note tho is when i came back from vacation and booted pc.. i lost my saved bios lay outs. F11 and F12 were both cleared out to defaults. dont know if this is a serious problem or not

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information