Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: p45-ud3p oc help/ temp problem

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: p45-ud3p oc help/ temp problem

Hmm, was the PSU shut down the whole time while you were gone?

If so it may mean your battery is dying, or it was just too long to remain without the PSU plugged in (With power on) If not maybe the power surged or went out?

not sure what happened. pc was plugged in and psu was switched on. was only gone for the weekend. bios is holding settings though just not the saved profiles. weird.

running stress test now with 1.406 vcore @ bios, with 1.396v @ windows and 1.376 under load. crashed at 3rd test :( thats the furthest it has gone so im guessing ill need a lot of vcore to hit 4ghz

Ya that is weird!

Is it still doing this? If so do you have a spare CMOS battery from another board you could switch it out with and see if this helps.

Not sure if that is the issue or not, otherwise your main/current used settings would also be wiped if the CMOS is being cleared.

Ya the c0's I had needed 1.425 actual to run 4Ghz stable, so yours might be similar

yeah the bios is keeping the profiles now so i dont know. if it does it again ill switch out the battery.

i kept it at 3.96Ghz 440FSB because the heat output to sustain that isnt too comforting.
    i tried 446-450fsb to get me at and over 4ghz but i started running into problems. i gave it 1.41vcore and played with mch ref and vtt. vtt was at 1.3 and mch reference started from .68. mch reference from .68 to .70 booted but video card wasnt running. had to up the mch reference by a lot, .72 had video and i increased all the way to .8+. im wondering though, what about cpu reference and southbridge voltages? would they do anything if i manually set them or is auto enough?

440FSB ram timing situation. i tried going down the list from 5-5-5-18 and did 4-5-5-18.. posted but header problem right before windows load. went back to stock ram timings and then did 5-4-5-18, failed stress test, same with 5-5-4-18. just did 5-5-5-15 and passed. do the dram reference voltages need adjustment?

i have this 440FSB @ 3.96ghz saved to fall back on. ill keep trying to tweak for 4+Ghz but it doesnt look promising.

Ahh good to hear, maybe it was a glitch?

3.8-4Ghz, not much difference in the real world anyway, so 3.96 would be fine too!

I would ONLY be messing with MCH ref at this FSB, CPU ref should not need adjusted really. SB you can increase a bit if you think you might need it, it wont hurt anything.

Ram ref is fine in auto as well, your ram just may not be able to pull off those timings at that FSB. Depends on your memory, what multi/strap you are using, what tRD you set, and what voltages you are willing to use. Did you try 555-12

left all timings at the highest you recommended. only changed the 5-5-5-18 to a stable 5-5-5-15. didnt go any lower than the 15 to test 12.
    strap is on auto and multi is 2.00D.

if my ram cant do timings other than 5-5-5 do you think i could change the command rate to 1T or would that be a no go? im afraid to try, trying to avoid a BSOD ;) im hearing mixed views but mainly that timings wont make a noticeable increase in performance at this processor speed. im also using voltage at 2.1 which is mushkins max rated voltage. dont wanna get too high even though the sticks are warm, not hot.

thanks for the help though :)

p.s. might go get a corsair H50 cooler and see how that works out. have you had any experience with it? gaming temps are well below 60 but stressing in P95 im around 55-60 and IBT im 68-70. best buy has the cooler for 60 bucks. sooo tempting!!
    Last edited by manoots; 06-03-2010 at 01:26 PM.

You can always try 1T, benchmark it and compare to be sure it is working, of course if it doesn't boot then you know it is :)

Well the timing changes we are talking about here really wont, the main ones that will are CAS value and tRD

I always suggest if you are going to water to research and build your own setup, and not to buy kit's such as what you mention, but that is all up to you.

No though, I don't have any experience with it and I haven't read any threads on it, but I can link you to a H50 owners thread if you want so you can see what everyone is saying

Thermalright Ultra 120 will give you better temps than a H50 I think

thanks. ill give the 1T a go tomorrow. gotta game a bit ;)
    i checked some reviews and everyone says that it still has issues that a open system would have such as evaporating coolant and failing rad and block pump, so ill stay away lol. ill try the push/pull on the xiggy in the mean time. if that doesnt help then ill have to go for a better hsf. maybe the ProlimaTech Megahalems?

12.5k in 3dmark vantage :D
    Last edited by manoots; 06-03-2010 at 02:04 PM.

I hear ya, good luck testing things once you get at it!

Maglahams or TRUE would be a good upgrade from the dark night, not sure but if the Meglaham is DHT then you should look at the Thermalright ultra 120 TRUE if it will fit in your case.

im using a thermaltake armor+ full tower. hopefully it fits with the 120mm exhaust fan so i dont have to remove it.
    the ProlimaTech Megahalems is getting awesome reviews. not HDT but has 12 heat pipes. doesnt come with any fans either. they say it beats the true :O

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information