Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a design flaw of GA-X58A-UD3R?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is this a design flaw of GA-X58A-UD3R?

600W PSU is already pushing it on X58, I would upgrade this before I did anything else if C1E and EIST disabled does not help.

Aside from wattage, this is almost always caused by the PSU itself (even if it is coming from the board), meaning a different or better one may not do this (If you have the right one)

I never hear any noises with any GIGABYTE Boards and the PSU's I use

what brand do you recommend or havnt heard squealing from lsd??? ive found it less in certain apps with my new gpu but my psu is still a cheap branded one,disabling c1e stops the noise for me though,and i dont know why the op is hearing it when cpu vcore is high as the chokes stop doing there job at that point,its only at low restricted voltage that you nomally hear the noise
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Ultra X3 850W PSU's (ULT40312) myself, never had a problem those or the X2 750W ones.

Ultra does put out some crappy PSU's too though, so you have to be sure you pick the right ones :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    600W PSU is already pushing it on X58, I would upgrade this before I did anything else if C1E and EIST disabled does not help.

Aside from wattage, this is almost always caused by the PSU itself (even if it is coming from the board), meaning a different or better one may not do this (If you have the right one)

I never hear any noises with any GIGABYTE Boards and the PSU's I use
    I thought a 600W with TRUE output power is more than enough for X58 with 8600GT not meant for gaming. At least this is what many online gurus told me.

Sorry to say this but if you read this thread this ("I never hear any noises with any Gigabyte boards") is the typical reply from Gigabyte FAEs. I don't believe everyone who claimed to have the same problem in the thread tried to "create stories". Well, since Gigabyte is so confident that their GA-X58A-UD3R is not the cause of the HPHF noise and blames customer for using "not-so-decent" PSU, I would be glad if Gigabyte can provide a list of PSUs that will be assured to work well with the motherboard. I hope Gigabyte will accept the challenge. Please note that "disable C1E" is not a correct solution as other motherboard manufacturers do not need to do this way.

Well I have seen many issues with 550-650W PSU's and X58 boards, some have stability or other issues, and some wont even start the boards at all, so you should be able to gauge just from that alone that this PSU may be pushing it.

I do see similar threads to the one you linked, and many users always post the same as my thoughts, many do not have any issues as it is often caused by various PSU's.

Do you have EuP enabled, quick boot enabled, or EasyTune installed? If any of that is yes, try disabling and or uninstalling and see if the issue remains or not, just trying to find you a solution without you having to buy a new PSU just yet.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-25-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well I have seen many issues with 550-650W PSU's and X58 boards, some have stability or other issues, and some wont even start the boards at all, so you should be able to gauge just from that alone that this PSU may be pushing it.

I do see similar threads to the one you linked, and many users always post the same as my thoughts, many do not have any issues as it is often caused by various PSU's.

Do you have EuP enabled, quick boot enabled, or EasyTune installed? If any of that is yes, try disabling and or uninstalling and see if the issue remains or not, just trying to find you a solution without you having to buy a new PSU just yet.
    It may be true that 550~650W PSUs are not sufficient for X58 boards. However, in this thread, some users with decent 850W PSU also complain the similar issue. To assure that customer will not waste money on non-compatible PSU and will get the most out of the Gigabyte X85A, probably Gigabyte or you may consider to provide a list of PSUs that Gigabyte has tested before.

By the way, EuP and Quick Boot was disabled in the BIOS. EasyTune is installed. Do I need to uninstall it?

closing easytune will help stop the noise also,in games/music ect or un install it if u want but ive found just closing it and not having it running helps
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    closing easytune will help stop the noise also,in games/music ect or un install it if u want but ive found just closing it and not having it running helps
    Although EasyTune is installed, I only activate it once a while. When the EasyTune is closed, the HPHF is still there. I'm not a gamer and at the moment, no speaker is connected to the computer.
    By the way, do you mind to share which brand of PSU (1050W as stated in your signature) that you're using now?
    My final goal of purchasing this Core i7 920 is to have it overclocked up to 3.0GHz or 3.2GHz with TurboBoost enabled, as well as to run the RAM at its rated 1600MHz (currently it's running at 1066MHz). It's clear from your signature that you're running your Core i7 920 at 3.8GHz with C1E/Turbo/Multi-threading enabled. Do you have such HPHF noise at these settings?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by onemilimeter View Post
    Although EasyTune is installed, I only activate it once a while. When the EasyTune is closed, the HPHF is still there. I'm not a gamer and at the moment, no speaker is connected to the computer.
    By the way, do you mind to share which brand of PSU (1050W as stated in your signature) that you're using now?
    My final goal of purchasing this Core i7 920 is to have it overclocked up to 3.0GHz or 3.2GHz with TurboBoost enabled, as well as to run the RAM at its rated 1600MHz (currently it's running at 1066MHz). It's clear from your signature that you're running your Core i7 920 at 3.8GHz with C1E/Turbo/Multi-threading enabled. Do you have such HPHF noise at these settings?
    Thanks.
    yes in windows xp(only very slightly now) but in windows 7 i dont get any noise, i had an ati x1950 graphics card before and it would make the noise more with that card than with this new 5770 in windows xp,my psu is a very cheap alphapower off ebay 46,ive had it over a year now and no problems-i think with an expensive branded psu i wouldnt get any noise at all but having a new gpu helped reduce it alot,clocking to 3.2-3.3ghz will be very easy with that chip,also your ram very easy to set to 1600mhz by adjusting your spd/memory multiplier in the bios,just to add i dont enable c1e when im using win7 but in xp i enable it to reduce my idle temps.i can stop the noise completely by disabling c1e,other users have to disable eist also,ill help you with overclock settings when your ready.....just want to add avoid zalman and ocz psu's they dont work very well with gigabyte boards,i wouldnt say its the wattage of your psu its more likely the brand, i ran my setup with a 300w four pin from my hp pentium d while i waited for my 1050w one to arrive without any trouble and it was clocked to 3.2ghz using intel heatsink
    Last edited by wazza300; 05-25-2010 at 11:27 PM.
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

You need to disable the EasytuneVI startup Service if you do not want to uninstall it, to properly test this I mean, otherwise the service will run at startup even if you uncheck the "Always Run on Next Reboot" box

Use this, it will install into your control panel, then look through each tab for the service I mentioned above, and uncheck it then reboot and test
    http://www.mlin.net/files/StartupCPL.zip

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information