Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible to use full 4GB with GA-H55M-UD2H?

Default Re: Possible to use full 4GB with GA-H55M-UD2H?

I found this in Resource Monitor on the Performance tab of Task Manager. Would you expect to see it specifically being called out as Hardware Reserved?

Incidentally, I used the techniques in this article to reveal what's consuming the 261MB. How did I get so lucky that this has apparently never been encountered on a Gigabyte board before? It sure feels like I need a memory remapping setting.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

That is very odd! This must be something new with H55 because of the integrated graphics?

Have you asked them directly about this, maybe they will add in the setting in the next BIOS or so?
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx

Also, you can check to see if the setting is there already, which it is probably not if they are not aware of the issue.

Check this by pressing Control + F1 on the MAIN page of the BIOS, then look through each page for new hidden settings and see if you find the remap setting anywhere.

I'm definitely going to check that out too when I get back to the machine, which is unfortunately in a different location than me. I did find this thread, with at least a couple people who are seeing the same reserved memory situation that I am with the same board, though with a twist: they're using a dedicated video card, and the memory reserve is only half as much. I'd be really ticked if it was doing that when I wasn't even using IGP! I'll try to contact Gigabyte after I can see which settings are available. Someone in the thread did (it's apparently quite a feat getting them to respond), and the answer seems to have been "normal functionality for the board," but that doesn't quite cut it.
    ***Gigabyte H55/H57 motherboard discussion*** - Overclockers UK Forums

They respond within 2-3 days normally, don't listen to that user! Of course sometimes it may take longer if they are very busy, but that is not the norm.

I will ask myself about this for you, and see what I can find out about it and or if they will/can add the memory remap setting.

Did you look in the BIOS yet with the hotkey I mentioned?

It may be normal, if so there may not be anything they can do, I mean if it is normal because of how the chipset is made.

I will ask and see what I can find out for you, I'll let you know

Thanks, I look forward to their answer. I was able to get to the machine today, but I couldn't find a memory remap item. I did find DVT Memory Size with Ctrl-F1, which could be set to 128, but strangely it didn't give me 128MB back, so I put it back on the default.

I will let you know as soon as I hear back on this, they are busy this week with Computex so it may not be until next week sometime.

I received email back from Taiwan last night on this, as I suspected a lot of them are out of the office at Computex.

My contact said he will have them check into this early next week and get back to us, so just wanted to let you know it will get looked into

Just a post to let you know that I'm still around. Thanks.

Sorry about the wait, I just sent in another email asking about this for you.

I will let you know what I hear.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information