Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P55A-UD4P + vertical lines

Default P55A-UD4P + vertical lines

I just bought a second P55A-UD4P, but this one's used and I'm getting red/yellow vertical lines on 1/4 of the screen during boot up before it actually posts. Anyway, I've tried multiple graphic cards and multiple monitors, all of which give me the same result, so I'm thinking it has to be the board. I won't have a new PSU until Friday, so I can't test the second PCIe to see if I get the same results. So I'm wondering whether or not I can RMA the board if the previous owner flipped one of the heat sinks around (the one where the northbridge used to be on older sockets), if I'd have to change that back before shipping, or if this voided the warranty.

Also, I guess I could just make due with the lines at boot up, but if anyone has any suggestions on things to try, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jocelyn84; 05-30-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Gigabyte P55A-UD4P | i5 750 | Corsair H50 | EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 X 2 | Patriot (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600|Corsair HX750
    Silverstone FT02 | Win7 X64 - Samsung F3 - 500GB | OSx86 - Samsung F3 - 500GB | Storage - WD Green - 1TB | LG 42" HDTV

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P55A-UD4P + vertical lines

If you do end up having to RMA it, I would put the NB heatsink back properly.

Clean the area good, and put on new non conductive paste, then put the heatsink back like it is supposed to be. That should be fine with the RMA dept. as long as nothing is damaged.

Although, since you mention this issue that may be the problem, the original owner may have damaged it causing this to happen. So if that is the case you wont be able to RMA, and you should try to return it to the person you bought it from.

Of course if this only happens at bootup and is fine everywhere else then you can ignore it if you want.

Thank you!!! I do have the original proof of purchase from the seller, but I probably will keep it, because it takes my i3 540 to 4.6Ghz too easily.
    Gigabyte P55A-UD4P | i5 750 | Corsair H50 | EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 X 2 | Patriot (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600|Corsair HX750
    Silverstone FT02 | Win7 X64 - Samsung F3 - 500GB | OSx86 - Samsung F3 - 500GB | Storage - WD Green - 1TB | LG 42" HDTV

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh so it sounds like it is ok then if you can clock that high, just this graphical issue at bootup right?

It very well could be the PSU as well, causing the graphics cards to do this, so still test another PSU as you said you planned to.

Yes, just boot up, (cold and restart) before it posts. I actually was using a 700W OCZ ModXstream, which I realize is a crappy rebadged FSP Epsilon. I just got it for the free DVD player via a combo deal on Newegg, but I sold it and I'm waiting on an HX850 I found a deal on to get here. I'm fine with the lines like I said, but now I'm really hoping it was the PSU lol. Thanks again :)

Thread Information