Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X58A UD7 M.I.T bios reset.

Default Re: X58A UD7 M.I.T bios reset.

Also is 1.4 safe for corsair mem? and do you think that is reason the XMP profile boots as 7,7,7,23 as the bios shows 7,7,7,20 well that is the rated speed of the mem at xmp stage..

i usually set 1.34 if not using XMP on manual imput .
    Last edited by Nam; 06-03-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: double
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7 (Rev 1),980x ,True Ultra-120 eXtreme Rev.C,FM122 Cpu Fan,Dominator GT 6GB Air flow pro+fan , GTX 480, Prelude XFI, Corsair 850Hx CoolerMaster 830

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well when you get the red warning in the BIOS MIT section, your settings are ignored and defaults are used until you correct things. So that may be why it works after a reboot for you.

Yes, you may need 1.35-1.4+ QPI/Vtt for high memory speeds, higher uncore speeds, or tighter timings, so that may be your issue if you are not using enough.

I am not sure about if the debug will pickup a faulty Hard drive or not, is one mentioned in the debug list in my signature?

What makes you think the drive is bad anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well when you get the red warning in the BIOS MIT section, your settings are ignored and defaults are used until you correct things. So that may be why it works after a reboot for you.

Yes, you may need 1.35-1.4+ QPI/Vtt for high memory speeds, higher uncore speeds, or tighter timings, so that may be your issue if you are not using enough.

I am not sure about if the debug will pickup a faulty Hard drive or not, is one mentioned in the debug list in my signature?

What makes you think the drive is bad anyway?
    the debug does mate , it is error 75 and it is in your list.

when i unplugged drive , i had no double boot issues and in windows (cpu-z) the mem section was not messed up.. this is all on Standard system nothing clocked other than XMp profile , even set that to 1.35 ..
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7 (Rev 1),980x ,True Ultra-120 eXtreme Rev.C,FM122 Cpu Fan,Dominator GT 6GB Air flow pro+fan , GTX 480, Prelude XFI, Corsair 850Hx CoolerMaster 830

Ohh ok! Sorry I must have missed this if it was previously mentioned!

It very well might be a faulty drive then, test it with the manufacturers diagnostics tools.

Let me know if you need a link to those, if so list the specific model if you have not already.

Ohh ok! Sorry I must have missed this if it was previously mentioned!

It very well might be a faulty drive then, test it with the manufacturers diagnostics tools.

Let me know if you need a link to those, if so list the specific model if you have not already.
    No worry's

Mechanicaly the drive is sound , no Noise/clicks nothing and this is only a slave, i am thinking the Pcb board has an intermittent fault like Power draw or Detection or both..
    i Did plug the RE2 in again yesterday to Confirm i even swapped out cable's for new, then the double booting/weird mem reading in CPU-Z (missing mem/part number all mixed up/ wrong timmings ect) started, one reason i Swapped the set and got the Dominator GT set other day (first post).

i unplugged after that (the RE2 was only in 10 mins), i did a bios Clear cmos and not had a double boot since , i have even done a small 3.6 Over-clock and left mem on auto.. and no issues.
    this has been a right Nightmare over the last 7 days..I hope this is resolved.

Why do you never get the same Fault twice

Ahh ok, I know what you mean.

Ya, it's always the toughest things that we can't easily replicate!

Glad to hear it is all well for now, hope it stays that way for ya!

Ahh ok, I know what you mean.

Ya, it's always the toughest things that we can't easily replicate!

Glad to hear it is all well for now, hope it stays that way for ya!

the fault came back mate .. i have now got a replacement , odd though with this Mb (default settings) the led's onboard are off, on other board the cpu/ddr were light up ..

that maybe why the Cpu-z was showing messed up mem settings , also the default Mit was setting CPU to 15x , should be 20x default ..

Maybe different BIOS used different Auto settings, could be why you see the LED differences.

Maybe different BIOS used different Auto settings, could be why you see the LED differences.
    it is same F6 , running SD clock and xmp profile now, and only got green for cpu and same for mem , before the mem Led's were light up not sure now many got definitely more than one even on Default MIT..

Ahh well maybe auto/XMP choose different QPI/Vtt amounts before?

Seems odd, but I suppose it could happen.

So everything working smoothly now?

Man, your avatar cracks me up every time I look at it :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information