Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)

i dont know any link sorry ill try and find sum,but search for kalidav's thread,i think it was him who had a msg from g-skill telling him they had released a new revision of ram,or pm him,ill look for thread and link it here

its in that thread somewhere

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/x58a...tml#post362653

EDIT: quote from kalidavs thread

Posts 122 Re: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz
    Update: I got the RMA'd HDD back last week and I sent the RAM in on Friday (they said they've got it). I don't know how long it'll take for it to get returned but I'm very tempted to just buy a different kit now as it is. :\ There does seem to be an issue with the G.Skill RAM and the rep on their forums did mention that they've made some revisions recently.
    Last edited by wazza300; 07-03-2010 at 04:41 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What screw are you talking about?

Since the missing module moves to the slot you move a certain stick to that says to me this suspect stick is faulty.

If these are the Red (NQ I think) G.Skills then yes those sticks have known issues on these boards, you already have a link to Kildavs thread here is another
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-x...9/index33.html

Your socket looks fine to me, thanks for the pic to check!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Had to register just for the sheer awesomeness of these forums.

I dont know what happened to the author of this thread, did he fix hes issues or did he buy a new brand of ram. I have the exact same Mobo, Cpu and ram kit, just with a Corsair HX620 PSU and a GTX 280.

Ive done alot of reading about this issue and ways to fix it, ranging from reseating the cpu, moving the modules to different slots and changing voltage settings and timings for the ram. Im too having cold boot issues but a restart after the comp has been idle for some time everything is working flawlessly and task manager recognizes 6gb of ram. Though in my case i only get 2gb recognized when cold.

Tomorrow im going to head back to the shop where i bought my components and switch these G.Skills to Kingston or Mushkin. Hopefully fixes the issue.

Also, i find it ironic that these modules are rated for 1.5v with stock 1333mhz, though the representers in G.Skill forums advise using 1.6v or a bit more.

I believe G.Skill has revised these particular modules as mentioned in Kalidav's thread where he asked on their forums.

So maybe you could contact them for a RMA to get a set of the new revised modules?

I bought these components less than week ago so i would imagine them being the new revision. :) My local retailer can propably trade them for another kit since they recommended these sticks, i didnt choose them myself. :P

That doesn't necessarily mean they are new, stores (BM or Online) can have old stock sitting around for months.

Here is the thread where G.Skill reps mentioned these have been revised, well this is actually about the 1600Mhz kit so I'm not sure if the same applies or not?
    1366: Missing memory only on first boot - GSKILL TECH FORUM

You might want to ask them in their forum if that same comment applies to your kit of F3-xxxxxxcl9t-6gbnq as well.

ohh i dont blieve that my friend has the same mobo and memory gskill without any issue , give me your bios template to see what settings you put mybe did you have the wrong adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by gasan View Post
    ohh i dont blieve that my friend has the same mobo and memory gskill without any issue , give me your bios template to see what settings you put mybe did you have the wrong adjustments
    He propably has the new revision sticks then? Regardless of what settings i have in the bios they dont affect the cold boot issue. At the moment im using the defaults what the mobo sets for the RAM. If i recall right the timings were 8-8-8-20, and with 1.5 voltage. But like i said tampering with the settings havent helped at all, im just going to switch brands, cant be arsed to fight with this issue anymore.

He could, or maybe his set is just problem free.

Have you even tested your sticks one by one in a single (same) slot, to see if they all act the same and test error free in Memtest86+, maybe you just have one semi-faulty stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    He could, or maybe his set is just problem free.

Have you even tested your sticks one by one in a single (same) slot, to see if they all act the same and test error free in Memtest86+, maybe you just have one semi-faulty stick?
    I tested every stick in the first white slot, but only got a black screen every time. Havent tested the second white slot yet, manual says if youre using a single stick only insert it to the first or second white slot. Dual-channel works right away with first boot. Also switched around the modules to different slots to see if it would have a difference, with no results.

Havent tried Memtest yet, but ive done alot of heavy gaming like Armed Assault 2, which is really CPU and memory heavy. No problems at all there. =/

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information