Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)

You should be able to use ANY white slot, with any single stick. But yes, if you can only boot with one stick in a certain slot use that for quick testing.

You sure you don't have ANY bent CPU socket pins? If you are not 100% sure carefully take some images and post here so we can check for you, lots of times I have heard users say they are fine and then after seeing images we find they are not.

I am highly suspicious of this being the case here since you can't boot with a stick in any white slot, the slot which you cannot use is likely the one bent pins may be connected to.

Not the best picture, but you can see there are no bent pints. Imageshack - p1010056y.jpg

Had some problems with the lighting on my camera.

Use a light in your house, like a lamp or something. Turn on the lights in the room, then set a lamp beside the board on the table you have it on.

I can't be 100% sure without better lighted images, but it does look like it may be all fine what little of it I can see.

Better images are needed to say for sure though. I mean more light too, not more flash.

At least you can spot the pins easier when its not too flashy. :) But anyways, i took a good look of it myself, better than looking a picture and it all the pins looked as straight as they can possibly be. So i guess that issue is eliminated?

As a sidenote, after re-seat the comp booted up with all the 6gb of ram showing. Though i dont think that was even enough to get a cold bootup.

Ahh well if it booted now with 6GB then there probably isn't any bent pins.

Sometimes a reseat of the CPU gets it sticking at 6GB, uneven mounting pressure or misaligned pins to the CPU pads can be fixed when you reseat the CPU.

Hope it stays working for you!

the gskail has a problem with cold boot , replace it with another brand

Little update - After 1 hour cold boot Windows is showing 4gb RAM total and remains doing so after 2 restarts. Last time with cold boots i had only 2gb showing. Im definately going to switch brands and see if they offer any help to the issue, maybe the board doesnt like these specific sticks?

Please read my thread and my problem with UD5 rev 2.0 http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...vaiable-4.html Might solve your problem too...

My retailer made an exception with returning used components and switching them to another. I picked Team Groups sticks, they have great overclockability and stability. Specificly these modules Team Group Inc.

After setting timings manually to 9-9-9-25, command rate of 2t and leaving voltages on auto on first boot i got 4gb total memory recognized in Vista. So its pretty safe to say G.Skill wasnt the problem, i guess this can only be fixed by finetuning the settings or trough a BIOS update. Beats me, could you help me with getting right settings?

First be sure to update you BIOS to latest version found here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...test-bios.html

Flash BIOS with QFlash and there is an option to save DMI pool data. Turn it to Disabled so that this data is deleted and then rebuilt after first boot.

Try CPU voltage 1,25V, VTT 1,3, RAM 1,6V (or 1,66V depending on your RAM)
    QPI PLL which is 1,14 and IOH core 1,14V (1,1V)

Maybe higher voltages make it work. When I got it stable at high bclk (191) then tried playing with settings a little it ended up with BSODs. Setting them back didn't work until I reflashed BIOS and erased DMI pool data. Then setting again and it works.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information