Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)

Wrote your advices down so i couldn't mess it up. Still showing 4gb in both Bios and Windows.

As you can see the rest of the memory is still registered but unusable.

That's really odd. As it was said, FB16 should solve this issue. I have UD5 rev 2.0 so I cannot test it. Latest bios on Gigabyte page for my board is FB9 which had problems, but FB10 found on this forum solved it all. Maybe you should try higher VTT? Try 1,35V (it is still safe voltage), memory on 1,66V. And, really, try to overclock it right after flashing new BIOS with deleted DMI pool. It worked for me that way. I rised bclk to 191 and it worked perfectly. On 133 couldn't get it work no matter what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by nvarga View Post
    That's really odd. As it was said, FB16 should solve this issue. I have UD5 rev 2.0 so I cannot test it. Latest bios on Gigabyte page for my board is FB9 which had problems, but FB10 found on this forum solved it all. Maybe you should try higher VTT? Try 1,35V (it is still safe voltage), memory on 1,66V. And, really, try to overclock it right after flashing new BIOS with deleted DMI pool. It worked for me that way. I rised bclk to 191 and it worked perfectly. On 133 couldn't get it work no matter what I did.
    Im using Intel's stock heatsink so id rather not overclock. =/ The thing is, the comp doesnt boot with any of the single sticks in the first WHITE ram slot. With a single stick its supposed to boot from either the first or the second white slot. I also saw a fresh post from a guy who also had the exact same issue im having, and he couldnt boot from first slot. The memory is registered but unusable, i dont believe tampering any more with these voltage settings is going to help me. Its definately in the software, i could call my retailer and tell them about this ram slot and maybe exchange it for Asus or something.

The only thing that was "solved" with FB16 was the "recovering lost DRAM"-feature and its just a temporary fix. It keeps restarting my computer as long as needs to register all 6gm of ram, but in Windows i still have 4gb usable. So it didnt fix anything! :(

It costs nothing to try to upper voltages and overclock it a little. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. If not, it probably is faulty board. I also wanted to return mine, but then it worked and now it works perfectly.
    VTT voltage won't heat up CPU that much, so give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by M1khail View Post
    Im using Intel's stock heatsink so id rather not overclock. =/ The thing is, the comp doesnt boot with any of the single sticks in the first WHITE ram slot. With a single stick its supposed to boot from either the first or the second white slot. I also saw a fresh post from a guy who also had the exact same issue im having, and he couldnt boot from first slot. The memory is registered but unusable, i dont believe tampering any more with these voltage settings is going to help me. Its definately in the software, i could call my retailer and tell them about this ram slot and maybe exchange it for Asus or something.

The only thing that was "solved" with FB16 was the "recovering lost DRAM"-feature and its just a temporary fix. It keeps restarting my computer as long as needs to register all 6gm of ram, but in Windows i still have 4gb usable. So it didnt fix anything! :(
    if its not booting from the first white ram slot with any stick then 100% you have a bent cpu pin or a dead ram slot
    you need to rma the mb,for repair or replacement
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already contacted my retailer with an RMA discussion, they mentioned having a few of these cases with the same board and revision. I cant get a new board before they test it in their bench though. Looks like im going back to Asus. Getting a P6X58D Premium instead.

wait till they test it and they will find the faulty ram slot and repair or replace it,did you look at the P6X58D-E model too? i would wait on gigabyte they might fix your board
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mybe the memory controller is bad and cannot read all slots !!!! it happenend to me with ex58-ud5

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Gasan, memory controller is in the CPU not the board.

Quote Originally Posted by M1khail View Post
    Im using Intel's stock heatsink so id rather not overclock. =/ The thing is, the comp doesnt boot with any of the single sticks in the first WHITE ram slot.

As I mentioned to you earlier, this non-bootable single slot means you most likely have a bent pin or more than one in your CPU Socket. Remove your CPU and take some images and we could tell you for sure, but this sounds like bent pins for sure to me, unless you have a faulty memory slot which is far less likely.

I would RMA or wait for your replacement, no need to switch to another board unless you can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Gasan, memory controller is in the CPU not the board.

As I mentioned to you earlier, this non-bootable single slot means you most likely have a bent pin or more than one in your CPU Socket. Remove your CPU and take some images and we could tell you for sure, but this sounds like bent pins for sure to me, unless you have a faulty memory slot which is far less likely.

I would RMA or wait for your replacement, no need to switch to another board unless you can't wait.
    Check page 6 for pictures, i added 2 more. Im pretty sure there are no bent pins, you can clearly see if there are crossed ones, even with a bare eye in a well lit room.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information