Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    youll need more qpi/vtt to run higher ram speed,what qpi/vtt voltages did you use??
    I've kept it at 1.34V, as I have since my initial post. What do you think I'd need to do for 1600MHz?
    Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 1.0 (Bios F6i)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 (Revision D0)
    CPU HeatSink: Thermalright Venomous X (P/P Scythe GT 1450RPM)
    Memory: OCZ Intel XMP Edition OCZ3X1600LV6GK 6GB (3 x 2GB)
    Video Card: Sapphire Vapor-X 100283VXL Radeon HD 5770 1GB

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    idk,it depends on your ram/cpu,anything from 1.3 to 1.4v
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #13
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    It's all up to your CPU, some may need more than others to do 1600Mhz, it also depends on what timings you are using and uncore multi. You may need 1.3-1.4 depending.

    Your use of Speedstep or DVID may also be adding to your issues, I'd leave these off until you get stable then you can attempt to try them.

    *edit*
    He wazza, seemed we were thinking exactly the same at the same time :)


    uccy, you will have best luck using Odd CPU multi's not even ones.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It's all up to your CPU, some may need more than others to do 1600Mhz, it also depends on what timings you are using and uncore multi. You may need 1.3-1.4 depending.

    Your use of Speedstep or DVID may also be adding to your issues, I'd leave these off until you get stable then you can attempt to try them.

    *edit*
    He wazza, seemed we were thinking exactly the same at the same time :)


    uccy, you will have best luck using Odd CPU multi's not even ones.

    I've been using odd CPU multi all along and even tried even ones but with no success unfortunately.
    But thanks for the suggestions lsdmeasap. I appreciate it.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It's all up to your CPU, some may need more than others to do 1600Mhz, it also depends on what timings you are using and uncore multi. You may need 1.3-1.4 depending.

    Your use of Speedstep or DVID may also be adding to your issues, I'd leave these off until you get stable then you can attempt to try them.

    *edit*
    He wazza, seemed we were thinking exactly the same at the same time :)


    uccy, you will have best luck using Odd CPU multi's not even ones.

    Can you elaborate on Speedstep and DVID? I don't see those settings in the BIOS, nor did I mention them in my post...

    But I'll play around with the QPI some more. And when you say 1.3-1.4, I assume anywhere in that range is safe voltage?
    Last edited by dopke; 06-11-2010 at 04:23 AM.
    Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 1.0 (Bios F6i)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 (Revision D0)
    CPU HeatSink: Thermalright Venomous X (P/P Scythe GT 1450RPM)
    Memory: OCZ Intel XMP Edition OCZ3X1600LV6GK 6GB (3 x 2GB)
    Video Card: Sapphire Vapor-X 100283VXL Radeon HD 5770 1GB

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by dopke View Post
    Can you elaborate on Speedstep and DVID? I don't see those settings in the BIOS, nor did I mention them in my post...

    But I'll play around with the QPI some more. And when you say 1.3-1.4, I assume anywhere in that range is safe voltage?
    Hi dopke, I think he means speedstep = Turbo boost (found in the submenu "Advanced CPU Features"), and DVID = Dynamic Vcore was added in the latest bioses (found in the submenu "Advanced Voltage Settings") but is dimmed out and only accessible when you choose NORMAL cpu vcore (if i remember well).

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by uccy View Post
    Hi dopke, I think he means speedstep = Turbo boost (found in the submenu "Advanced CPU Features"), and DVID = Dynamic Vcore was added in the latest bioses (found in the submenu "Advanced Voltage Settings") but is dimmed out and only accessible when you choose NORMAL cpu vcore (if i remember well).
    Thanks. In that case, I already have both of those disabled. Well, like you said the DVID is dimmed out, and is on [Auto], but lists it as 0.0000V on the left column.

    I tried upping the QPI as well, all the way up to 1.4V and still getting errors.
    Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 1.0 (Bios F6i)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 (Revision D0)
    CPU HeatSink: Thermalright Venomous X (P/P Scythe GT 1450RPM)
    Memory: OCZ Intel XMP Edition OCZ3X1600LV6GK 6GB (3 x 2GB)
    Video Card: Sapphire Vapor-X 100283VXL Radeon HD 5770 1GB

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by dopke View Post
    Thanks. In that case, I already have both of those disabled. Well, like you said the DVID is dimmed out, and is on [Auto], but lists it as 0.0000V on the left column.

    I tried upping the QPI as well, all the way up to 1.4V and still getting errors.
    Looks like It's the OCZ gold as I said before, it's not always the case but I know that quite a few people have had problems with this ram, no matter what one tries it fails at higher speed frequencies (in high Overclocked systems). Mine for example would pass LinX without problems but would freeze/reboot when I tried prime95 blend test, idk.
    Last edited by uccy; 06-11-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: made corrections

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    another guy had problems with some ocz ram and swapped for some kingston, problems had gone,i dont use dvid as i dont understand it much to be honest
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: OC @ 3.6GHZ Problem - X58A-UD3R

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    another guy had problems with some ocz ram and swapped for some kingston, problems had gone,i dont use dvid as i dont understand it much to be honest
    Thanks, that's great news wazza, i'm looking forward to swap mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •