Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XL-SEATX form factor

Default XL-SEATX form factor

Hi, iknow that the XL format, or as i made a 10 pci case sooo long ago now, i called it seatx, long time before i heard it called XL.

Any way, i still may need a 3rd remake or probably just add the extra holes i need to this one.

anyway, what i need to know is the hole positions from the bottom 3 standoffs to the xl extended ones.

Ive emailed gigabyte, no reply,,, also emailed many other companies.

No one seems to know or care what i want though.

looks like there inline horizontally, and maybe about 40mm down from bottom holes.

my case suits ud9 very easily and has done way before the xl format was known (i believe).

maybe someone with a ud9 can measure it for me?

I still need to post this pro case build also.

heres mobo tray anyway for you to see what im on about.
    Attachment 2627

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: XL-SEATX form factor

Just a thought, maybe you could download each of the case's manuals that are in the compatible case list and see if maybe one of them gives the measurements you need.
    http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/Chas...9_caselist.pdf

You could also PM judge-dredd, he owns one so I'm sure he could give you the measurements
    View Profile: JudgeDredd - TweakTown Forums
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-11-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks for info, this has acieved from this forum in 2 minutes more than 2 weeks asking retailers etc for info.

So maybe now im getting somewhere.

Thank you.

Anytime! I take it you do not have the board yet right?

Glad to see we are more helpful than what you have found elsewhere, we try our best to always help when possible.

If the PDF does not link you to any manuals with the info you need, go ahead and PM Judge-Dredd he is an active member here so I am sure he would reply to you quickly

Case is fitted with a ud7, few weeks old.

However this was a case build only, originally,

Was to allow options you see.

4 loops etc etc etc etc.

suit 10 pci
    and so on.

Case is 100% custom built, as i was fed up with modding, and decided next step up was complete rebuild design/ manufacture.

but havent had the standoff info for xl seatx as yet,

Shown with current mobtray, not version3, will fit after powdercoating this one

Ahh very cool!

Those are some nice cuts in your pics, did you do them with a lazer or water?

Thank you.

all typical panels cut by a laser,
    However the top and bottom panels are made from 12mm ally so only a watercutter suited this part.

needed to be 12mm , so i could mill out parts as i required, didnt want any nasty 1mm 2mm stuff for this design/build, main idea was for quality.

Killer nice cuts, I wish I could afford or find free :) someone to do cuts for me.

I cut up my Rocketfish tray in a Very similar way as yours, and I could never get myself to accept the cuts were smoothed out enough. Luckily though I was putting grommet around it all so it didn't matter to much.

How much do you pay for cuts like that for just one case?

Yes, typically you gonna pay like 1 hours labour charge, whether you get 1 piece or 5 pieces typically

however its not too bad, say 30.

i did get the mobo tray done for 10 this time, as mates boss owed him a few favs .

pm me if ya like, will ask mate about good prices.

just basically you need to get a dxf file and can be done, the layout and design, well thats down to imagination and drawing skills obviously.

milling i do myself and fabricating, but i really dont get much workshop time anymore, and my job is in wood now, not metal.

really i should of only accepted a job if they had a laser cutter, but i guess they wouldnt be happy i took job on that ground,,,, he he.

prototyping is expensive, and to keep same level of quality, would be hard for me to get below the 350 mark id say, in higher quantities, but was the original idea, i could fabricate top/bottom.

id never make a good retailer/manufacturer, coz id be thinking more about the customer getting a brill product than actually making a profit.

couldnt bring myself to reducing quality, wanna keep with 12mm panels etc etc,

I used to do it old skool/pro by using milling machine, with drill head fitted, takes ages, if i was pricing like that would cost like around 500 a panel..... but a 1 off for myself, i was able to do after work using machines as boss said ok.

Now with the advent of laser cutters and cad, takes the fun away, but you get nice cuts.

In some respects, not sure how many builds i will do in future, down to the fact that anyone can now draw design out and get cut, so i loose that "engineering" way of doing things, also looses the uniqueness of doing custom pc stuff.

but hey, if it allows others to be creative, then i shouldnt moan really.
    Last edited by Pablo; 06-12-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Well that isn't too bad. I'd send ya a PM for some further info, but I'm not on that side of the world so I couldn't take advantage of this.

I am no good with CAD or any of that, maybe I will PM you someday and see if you could help me draw up something for someone to cut for me closet to home.

It's really nice though, wish mine was that clean!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information