Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobo with VT-x AND VT-d for i7-860

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Mobo with VT-x AND VT-d for i7-860

So what, they were mad at you and voiced that to you? Just wondering because if so I would like to see these comments.

I am not sure about this, it would appear both do and probably the whole series too? I can ask for you but I wont be able to ask my contact for a few weeks as he is on vacation.

G'Byte's response is at the end of this post. Despite the words (and sentiment) in their chiding of my audacity to ask the same (nearly) question twice, they did answer BOTH questions differently.

With respect to their different responses, I agree with your sentiment that all the boards in the P55 series MAY support both VT-x and VT-d, but I have not enough evidence to bet with my money.

Anyway thanks for your assistance.

Here is the response (with my email address removed):

<table class="Block_Main" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td valign="top" width="100">Answer : </td><td>Dear Greg [Email address deleted],

Since we have limited resources and mass email coming, to make sure every customer can receive timely support, we appreciate you DO NOT issue two similar question. This can shorten service time and make everybody happy.

In your case, we have found another duplicated inquiry in our system, to make sure all the information can be tracked, we will response to E-mail ID: 932389 for your reference. In which case, please neglect this email.

If you have questions different from original, please use "New Question" button to issue a form. If the question is the same to previous one, please click "Ask more question" after you receive our response. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" background="images/pop-bgtitle.jpg">
    Question - 934758
    </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td>From : </td><td>Greg</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td>Sent : </td><td>6/15/2010 15:16</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td valign="top">Question : </td><td>Please supply a list of LGA 1156 cpu supported motherboards (ie P55 chipset ones) that can enable BOTH VT-x AND VT-d virtualization. Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-P55A-UD7(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : ?
    Serial No. :
    Purchase Dealer :
    C/tick Number :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Model :
    CPU Brand : Model : Speed :
    Operation System : SP :
    Memory Brand : Type :
    Memory Size : Speed :
    Power Supply : W
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Ahh ok, ya that is a little rude but not too much.

I wouldn't think anything of it, I thought maybe they said somethings worse or something so I wanted to check. I can understand where they are coming from, and sorry to have suggested you ask again.

I know sometimes they do miss a ticket or two, so that is why i asked you to submit a new one, so really it's all my fault anyway :)

Which board were you looking at getting, one of the ones they mentioned? If so then you should be good to go, if it was another model you may want to reply to their response with "More Questions" and ask about a specific model to be sure since this is probably enabled in the BIOS itself

Thanks for responding, but in the interests for future questioners, I think that their answers should go though a checking system to ensure the quality and (especially) the completeness of the answer.

That said, I have decided to go with the GA-P55A-UD4P, for many technical reasons, the most important being G'Byte's confirmation of VT-X and VT-d support from the BIOS / Chipset of the M/B.

Thanks again.

Checking system would only slow things down more, I am sure they get 100's if not 1000's of questions each day, so it's probably just not possible.

UD4P sounds like a good choice, let us know once you get it how things work out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information