Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow, How Time Flies - 20,000+ Posts!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Wow, How Time Flies - 20,000+ Posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
    Thanks for all the help in 2009, and congratz on the 20K, LSDMeASAP!
    I should be getting my new Gigabyte MOBO within 90 days.

I can't wait to start helping you reach 30K.

It'll be like caddying for Tiger Woods. Well, actually, I'll be more like a gopher underground with Bill Murray chasing me with dynamite. But you'll still be slamming away! (I meant like in clubs on Golf Balls and in keys on Keyboards and not anything else.)

But I'm sure I'll pick-up on just as much as as I did in 2009. The endless exercises in problem solving is priceless. And when its done, I play games on it.

And no more translating memory timing acronyms anymore like with an LGA775 bios. whew, what a relief! (I've studied my soon-to-be-MOBO's-manual a bit.)

The new bios are going to be awesome to tweak.

Did you have anything to do with the revising of the acronyms for memory timings, on the LGA1366, LSDMeASAP?

They match MemSet now don't they?

I can't wait. I'll be able to put 2 and 2 together now instead of just learning to translate it all. (And no more acetaminophen.lol) And it will be my first opportunity to save profiles on storage devises. And having a dual bios will be great too.

After all, Crysis2 is just around the corner. (Q4 '10) And it's time to start preparing to save NYC from the enclave of endless hoards of monsters that will be attempting to confiscate the Earth and all the spoils of War that remain after the devastation is finally over for their invading Alien Race to do with what they will. (Sort of like Unreal Tournament 3. But without any re-spawners. And before, not after, all of the destruction occurs. )

And we all know how important memory timings can be when it comes to a any "Crysis". The monsters won't stand a chance of succeeding after my new build!

I'll be comparing the performance of Crysis on the following:

1.) LGA775 with GTX295

2.) LGA1366 with GTX295

3.) LGA1366 with GTX470-sli

Does it get any better!?

c ya and congratz again on 20K, LSDMeASAP!
    Thanks buddy!

Why 90 days till you get your board? Just seemed odd so i thought I would ask

1366 timings are pretty much the same as P45, a few new ones though and a few missing due to DDR3, but no I haven't had time to write anything up yet maybe sometime I will though.

For 1366 you use CPU-Tweaker instead of memset, much nicer!

Good luck on your new build, and of course yes please help me reach 30,000 posts :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks buddy!

Why 90 days till you get your board? Just seemed odd so i thought I would ask

1366 timings are pretty much the same as P45, a few new ones though and a few missing due to DDR3, but no I haven't had time to write anything up yet maybe sometime I will though.

For 1366 you use CPU-Tweaker instead of memset, much nicer!

Good luck on your new build, and of course yes please help me reach 30,000 posts :)
    I'll DL CPU-Tweaker now. I don't remember it.

OMG! that looks awesome! (Don't tell me about it. I can't wait to use it on the new build.)

The 90 days is just because I'm getting the two GTX470's, CPU, MOBO, RAM, all at the same time and the new HAF-940 too (w000000t!!!!).

And I have some important family stuff going on for the time being, plus I have to consider the 90 day trade up program with EVGA. I figure that in approximately 90 days or less from now there will be news about something to trade up to from GTX470's, other than just the GTX480's.

The GTX480 heat is not an issue with an HAF-940 case (or HAF-932 case). But the power is a little too high. I'm hoping for something else to trade up to. Or if two GTX480's is all I can trade up for, maybe a 512-Core version will be available. If so, I'll suffer through the power thingy because with GTX470-sli, I will over-volt them, but with GTX480/512-Core-sli I wouldn't and they wouldn't be too much worse power wise.

Back on the Fermi release two months ago I helped a friend confirm that the PSU he had for his GTX480-sli setup was powerful enough so I'm familiar enough with it and therefore I'm prepared to live with it. It's not like I'll need a 2,900 watt PSU.lol And I can get a 80 Gold certified one to conserve power. Plus there's plenty to choose from too. And the modular PSU law suit thingy is no longer stifling manufacturers from making modular ones like back in 2008.

Another thing is I am still researching is what Memory to get (I'll start a new thread soon and I read a bunch here today) and if the PSU I've chosen (I'll start a new thread soon) is just right for GTX470-sli.

I was so sad that with my LGA775 choice of memory last build; that is I was stuck with 2T timings (because I would have loved to compare the performance of 1T versus 2T), that I don't want to make that mistake again.

See, I started with a super fast 2GB kit of DDR2 on Windows Vista with my LGA775 build for the sake of OCing. I think it was 1200Mhz versus 1066Mhz. So I should have had all kinds of head room. But Vista needed a 4GB kit to play video games smoothly. So I bought what I thought was a great 4GB DDR2 kit. But it couldn't do 1T timings. Therefore, I would have had to purchase a third DDR2 kit for 1T timing and I wasn't about to do that because it wouldn't have been worth the money.

(If I'd only known about confirming the memory could run @1T before I started that last build I would have been a much happier camper. lol)

What I want to accomplish is seeing with the same Video Card (GTX295) what the difference is between LGA775 with 1066Mhz DDR2@2T, versus LGA1366 with 1600Mhz DDR3@2T and @1T. (My LGA775 lacks sli so I can try GTX470-sli on it.)

And I especially want to understand/ learn the bucket thing. And how to comprehend the flow and speed of the data kind of numerically so that I can understand the numbers. Because I don't really understand anything about it much at all other than the most elementary stuff. Besides, that is the best way to learn not just what you know you don't know, but to also stumble upon other things to learn.

got to go now and ty once again for another one of your super quick responses, LSDMeASAP!
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)

<<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

<<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya CPU-Tweaker is very cool, you will enjoy using it!

Ahh so buying all at once eh, that's good so you wont have parts laying around you can enjoy. I always hate it when I have cool hardware sitting there I am not using, like right now I have some C300 SSD's sitting on my desk because I wont be using them for daily OS use until I get done with my review on them, they stare me down all the time like the "Geico Money Saving Eyes"

So you going 1156 or 1366 for your next board?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya CPU-Tweaker is very cool, you will enjoy using it!

Ahh so buying all at once eh, that's good so you wont have parts laying around you can enjoy. I always hate it when I have cool hardware sitting there I am not using, like right now I have some C300 SSD's sitting on my desk because I wont be using them for daily OS use until I get done with my review on them, they stare me down all the time like the "Geico Money Saving Eyes"

So you going 1156 or 1366 for your next board?
    1366, because isn't it just a little, more expensive?

It might have been fun to get beyond 4.2Ghz with 1156, but I figure with an i7930 CPU versus my existing E8400, and the memory boost especially with 1T timings, I should be flying!

It'll be so fun to get every last little spec of performance out if my GTX295 down to the last iota for a few days on a 1366 box. And just before I slap in those GTX470 puppies. And OCing those dogz will eventually awesome! (After running them at stock a few days of course.) And last but not least, OCing the i7-930, and with a "Noctua NH-D14" HSF!

At Computex 2010 they used an "Noctua NH-D14" HSF, when CoolerMAster first unveiled the new "HAF-940" case. It was so lucky that my 1st choice of HSF initially appeared in my 1st choice of case.

And 1156 doesn't offer too much savings, does it? (MOBO+RAM+CPU, are between just $200 and $300 less?)

And I figure that for video games applications, many games aren't as CPU reliant as they are GPU reliant either, right?

A friend of mine that I game a lot with, has a Gigabyte x58UD5 (I'll go with UD3) and I can reference bios and Windows stuff with him. Well, he's actually my genypig in a way... hehe... I told him to go with GTX470-sli versus GTX480-sli. (Mostly because of the absorbent taxes where he is located made GTX480-sli totally out of the question... I don't care if you have a money making machine.lol The price versus performance was just not worth it in any way whatsoever!) I noticed within a couple weeks of Fermi's release that the scalability of GTX470-sli was unbelievable. Anyway, his system is Rocking and it's 1356. So I might as well go with it too. And the GTX470-sli turns out to be one heck of a bang-for-your-buck, plus, its all you can do after a GTX295 and we both had them in the same LGA775 setups. (And hey, we're both STILL alive! muahaha lol)

I'll go to infinity and beyond (4.2Ghz) on my next build, I guess.
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)

<<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

<<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information