Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The EP45-xxxx's System Temperature sensor - here it is.

Default The EP45-xxxx's System Temperature sensor - here it is.

I am using EP45-DS3P. I was concerned about my NB temp and started googling. I wrote @Lsdmeasap but i can see here are still threads about it and ppl aren't sure where is the sensor and i thought it will be better to write this in a new thread finally to be known.

Here is a more distant pic to my mobo so ppl can orient better.
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9834/p6170769.jpg

Here is closer look to the elements one of which is the temperature sensor:
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8590/p6170767.jpg

Here is the same pic and i guess the element in the red rectangle is the actual sensor.
    NEED help from You guys to confirm it and be absolutely 101% sure.
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/192...0767marked.jpg

Default Re: The EP45-xxxx's System Temperature sensor - here it is.

It is only logical that it stands out from the bunch, and that it changes its voltage with temperature.

I can't fully understand your post here yuu what do you mean, what is logical that it stands out of the bunch, but i read your PM and it's nice job
    So this element in the red rectangle is the 'sensor' indeed, yes? What type is it, is it a diode or something else?

edit: i found out its thermistor
    Last edited by opex; 06-18-2010 at 05:43 AM.

I mean it is different than the others in the area. Do you intend to unsolder it and put it under the mch or use another thermistor.

I noticed your work here

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8382/p2110619ir5.jpg
    Last edited by yuu; 06-18-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Well yea i was thinking about to unsolder it and put it as near as possible to the MCH (NB).
    However last night i was thinking about why this thing is so hot - 55*.
    There is 9800gtx+ above it (it can be seen on the pic) with reference cooler and part of the hot air is blowing through a little hole near the end of the box there. But still when i remove the gtx and put an old PCI video card the temperature showing is still in the 40*'s with open case in horizontal position. I mean... what is heating it? Or its possible to be so much and i cant feel it because it was so hot all day yesterday?
    I know that thermistors because of their design can self heat up because of the current through them and this can inflict error in the readings - in this case maybe some more *C above.
    So i'd like to discuss more around these things so i can make the decision to unsolder it, apart from how and where to put it. :)

About the other mod yea its a very nice mod and i made it with potentiometer so i can regulate the Vdroop more accurately. I didn't make big oc's tho since i made it couse my cooler is the intel's boxed atm and it sucks. It still has good impact tho couse the e8400 stays stable at stock speeds at 1.08v without the Vdroop and maybe it can go even a bit less which is a very good thing in the hot days during the summer with that silly cooler ^^
    Last edited by opex; 06-18-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You can't just move a sensor around, it would need to remain soldered where it is otherwise it is not going to work

Thread Information