Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: $5,000 Gigabyte i7 980x PC: Configuring BIOS and Overclocking CPU / RAM

Default Re: $5,000 Gigabyte i7 980x PC: Configuring BIOS and Overclocking CPU / RAM

if your useing windows 7 you dont need drivers
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: $5,000 Gigabyte i7 980x PC: Configuring BIOS and Overclocking CPU / RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gangifilms View Post
    For the raid 5...Which drivers do I download? And I don't need to install my OS for this as well?

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

Supports SATA RAID 5/10 on specific desktop platforms, SATA RAID 0/1, AHCI, and matrix RAID on specific desktop and mobile platforms

OS: Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit....More Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003*, Windows Server 2008*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista*, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition*, Windows XP Professional*>

3/23/2010

9.​6.​0.​1014

Drivers
    64- ​bit Intel® RST Driver Files for F6 Install

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 9.6.0.1014 files for 64-bit OS - used to preinstall RAID driver (F6 during Windows* setup)

OS: Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterpris....More Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2008*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition*>

3/23/2010

9.​6.​0.​1014

Drivers
    Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

Supports SATA RAID 5/10 on specific desktop platforms, SATA RAID 0/1, AHCI, and matrix RAID on specific desktop and mobile platforms

OS: Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit....More Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003*, Windows Server 2008*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista*, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition*, Windows XP Professional*>

7/17/2009

8.​9.​0.​1023
    First link here for 32bit OS, third link for x64 OS. The Pre-install drivers, per your OS type
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...l%C2%AE+RST%29

The second link is the actual matrix software, that you can use to manage array in windows. Windows 7 does not "need" drivers as judge-Dredd mentions, but if you want the latest drivers the ones linked/mentioned above are the ones to use

Hey,

Before I go to bed I guess I will tell you guys about my Indigo Extreme Experience, scary...very scary.

However I am not sure if I reflowed our not, my temps at 3.4 ghz on my 980X is at 35 idle, is that normal on air?

Basically installation was pretty easy and straight forward. I was a bit confused because I thought I was suppose to leave the metal liquid pocket on the cpu but you have to also leave this blue pad on the mobo aswell just in case it leaks.

Mounting the NH-D14 on it was pretty seemless, I loosened the screws a bit so the liquid could flow easier. I leveled the surface so it's completely flat and horizontal.

I also read that reflowing with a heatsink is pretty tough, many people have been placing lamps over there heatsinks, so that's what I did to help the reflow.

No fans going so I booted into windows 7 and ran the CPU burn in program they suggest to 100% load, I monitor my temps with core temp.

My temps reached 101 degrees at TJMAX limit for about 3 minutes staying there before my computer shut down automatically, I was pretty scared as ****. I booted back up, and loaded the program again, my computer shut down again.

I plugged the noctua fan in and let the computer cool down, eventually it cooled down to 40 degrees, then I ran the cpu burn with fans plugged in which ran at 57 degrees.

Then I shut down the comp to cool down, booted back up to have 35 degrees idle.

I am not sure still if I reflowed or not, the temps seem....ok. But I am not sure what are good temps and bad temps, I guess it's time to overclock my cpu to find out.

If my temps are off I still have one more application, however....that was pretty scary. Could have fried my cpu!

Jessuuussss...

I told you that you before did not need to reach 101C, this information you read is wrong, even their guide suggest 85-90C (Which is still hotter than I have seen many use)
    http://indigo-xtreme.com/docs/Indigo...llation775.pdf

Sure your CPU is ok, but I wouldn't keep doing that, or do it anymore on purpose

Bizarre my manual reads 90-100 degrees. This is for the i7 socket. I'll even take a picture in my manual, so that's why I thought 100 degrees was fine.

Only thing I am worried about is it wasn't a proper reflow, but like I said do my temps look normal?

Ohh hmm, maybe you are right and I just have been reading 775 discussions on it, I do see the manual I linked is 775 too.

I guess you are correct, sorry! I don't know if it was proper reflow or not, I assume so from your temps comments, but I have never used this so not sure what to expect for temps or flow procedures.

Have you read this review on it, maybe it will tell you more
    Skinnee Labs | Indigo Xtreme

Yeah it's hard to find much info on the Indigo Extreme, i've been searching trying to compare temps but not much has come up. Oh well.
    I believe I did reflow, I am still paranoid! Lol. Going to bed now, I will do the hard drive configuring tomorrow and start overclocking my cpu and ram.

One thing about my memory...I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit but my PC recognizes 12GB however it says only 4GB is usable, it's only using 4GB right now. Bizarre, how do I fix this?

I think you should better be able to tell if temps are close to expected once you get overclocking and can better compare voltages/speeds with users using the same heatsink as you, should give you a much better idea than idle temps will.

4GB usable is a HUGE Problem, this either means you have bent CPU pins, faulty ram, uneven heatsink mounting pressure, or it could just be incorrect BIOS settings such as Dram voltage and QPI/Vtt. Sadly though, it is often bent CPU Socket pins, and I know you don't want to look under your heatsink now that you just went through all this but I think you might have to if I can help you fix this later via settings.

If you get at it tomorrow and have no luck, post your full settings you are trying and I will advise back. You may need 1.65-1.7 Dram for 12GB, and 1.3-1.5 QPI/Vtt, you'll have to play around a bit, if nothing changes it then you may have to remove your heatsink to check for bent pins

I believe it is settings, my computer sometimes wouldn't post because the ram didn't have enough voltage going to it. So I think with proper settings it will shock life into it.

If you think about it, memtest recognized 12GB...and so does windows 7 but only 4gb is usable?

I will post my BIOS in 4 hours.

what brand of ram is it? look in resource monitor in task manager andsee if its reserving 8gb for hardware,it should give you full 12gb without reserving any
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information