Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MA77OT-UD3P sound issues

Default MA77OT-UD3P sound issues

I built this PC back in January (my first time building one) and have been having sound issues ever since though I've shrugged them off/gotten around them until now. Going to start back with my initial issues and work my way to today.

When I first got the PC I had a new Sennheiser headset and the sound seemed fine (headset worked with surround sound, decent quality, etc.) though I had issues with my microphone. While on Ventrilo I'd randomly start sounding robotic (generally after speaking for a few seconds) which would generally stick around for a while after happening once. Unplugging my mic/plugging it into another port would fix it temporarily but it was still pretty random. Thinking the issue was caused by the mic, I returned it to Newegg and bought a new Creative headset from Best Buy. Robot voice issue was still there but I dealt with it for a while and eventually updated my sound drivers (which was using Realtek HD Audio Manager at the time). After this, it seemed as if my volume settings (both my inbound and outbound) under the Audio Manager would randomly reset fairly often which obviously caused quite an issue.

After that I looked some things up and saw a lot of people having issues with the Realtek HD Audio Manager and decided to buy a USB headset to get around it (also disabled it in msconfig). I bought a Logitech G330 which has worked perfectly (good sound quality, surround sound, decent mic) although I'm trying to replace it due to comfort issues. I bought a Sennheiser PC-151 which arrived earlier today and I've been having one hell of a time with it. After receiving it I plugged it in (Audio Manager disabled, just using Windows 7's controls) to find out it had horrible sound quality and no surround sound although it gets very good reviews. Immediately I figured it was just defective (hell, it may still be) but remembered all the issues I've had with non-USB headsets on this PC and now I'm trying to see if I can fix it.

First I re-enabled the Audio Manager and rebooted my PC to find that nothing had changed and in the Audio Manager the headset was being considered as Speakers as opposed to the separate tab for headset I (think) had in the past. At this time my speakers were working fine, surround sound as well. I looked up the motherboard to find a thread on here having sound issues (though they weren't similar) sometime last year being caused by GUI.exe which I don't have running. At this point I figured I'd update the drivers (via the Gigabyte website) which seems to have fixed the sound quality issue (at least I think so, its hard to compare it to the USB headset since now if I unplug the USB headset and plug in the Sennheiser it doesn't work at all). Still, surround sound isn't working which is extremely important to me as a gamer.

I've messed with pretty much everything I can think of with no avail, hopefully one of you can figure out my issue :)

Additional info:
    Running on Windows 7 64-Bit
    Under the Windows Playback Devices the only 2 shown are "Speakers" and "Realtek Digital Output" even when the headset is plugged in/working.

Default Re: MA77OT-UD3P sound issues

have you tried un-installing gigabyte/realtek sound drivers and using windows 7 default ones? it recognizes my headphones but doesnt if i use gigabyte/realtek drivers

Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, haven't tried that yet. If I uninstalled these would the Windows 7 ones just automatically start working or is there something else I'd need to do? Will probably try this if I don't get any other suggestions.

yes it will install the drivers built into win7,i find them to have better quality sound esp the bass
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Also, could it even be the drivers that are causing the lack of surround sound in the headset? My speakers are seemingly fine which makes me think the headset may just be defective.

No one? :/

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

In your motherboard manual page 20.
    Mic In Jack (Pink)
    The default Mic in jack. Microphones must be connected to this jack.
    In addition to the default speakers settings, the ~ audio jacks can be reconfigured to
    perform different functions via the audio software. Only microphones still MUST be
    connected to the default Mic in jack ( ). Refer to the instructions on setting up a 2/4/5.1/
    7.1-channel audio configuration in Chapter 5, "Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio."
    You may be missing something. Go over Configuring Audio Input and Output starting on page 84.
    Below is a URL of the motherboard manual for a ga-ma770t-ud3p. Give it a bit of time to download the page.
    http://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/m...70t-ud3p_e.pdf
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel