Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fan/Bios problem with W576

Default Fan/Bios problem with W576

Hi!
    I have a gigabyte W576 laptop with GeForce 9600GS running windows 7 32bit. Recently, the pc started overheating to the point of automatic shutdown. It seems like the fan is working in minimal speed, not getting any commands from the pc itself. I tried all obvious solutions, including cleaning the fan/heatsink and trying to control the fan speed using all kinds of software, nothing worked. Finally, a guy from the Nvidia boards suggested I try updating my Bios, so I did(from ver G3c42 to G3G51). That did work and I could finally hear my fan working at high speeds. Unfortunately, after a few hours it stopped working again! I tried updating the Bios again. Also tried rolling back and updating again the Bios and nothing helped so far.
    Please help me with this! I got no more ideas and I cant afford to send my pc to a lab cause I need it for school.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Fan/Bios problem with W576

I would stick with the latest BIOS for sure!

Best thing I can suggest you to do is to contact support directly and explain the issue, maybe they can make you a BIOS with better fan speed control or with the fans running at a higher rate more often
    Technical Support - GIGABYTE

Thread Information