Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 8.8. 88 8B error and continuous power cycle

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 8.8. 88 8B error and continuous power cycle

Yes, anytime you remove the CPU and put it back, you can bend pins and that can cause board failure.

So please post some images when you can.

pulled the MB from the case and ran it so i know no short circuit is happening ( no post, same 88 error)
    ran it without the CPU (no post, same 88 error)

uploaded pics of the cpu pins etc.: http://wtrns.fr/aYgoihM14m8wiD

thanks for trying to help

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the images! I checked, and I do not see any bent pins or anything like that, so your socket looks fine as far as I can see.

Can you borrow another CPU, or have a friend come over with one or go to his house? It would be best if you could test with another CPU so you can be sure if it's the board or the CPU, one of them has died it looks like.

Unless it's PSU which is less likely, but it could be that too. Without CPU you will always get the 88 error, so that is expected :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information