Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P55-ud4, can't boot from USB

Default GA-P55-ud4, can't boot from USB

I recently had a major problem, wherein Windows 7 was unable to boot, and I couldn't fix it. After not even being able to do a clean install, another helpful person said that the error message was a 'DVD not ready' indicator, and suggested I boot from a USB stick.

So, I went through all the steps to put the Windows 7 ISO on the stick, and plugged it in. For boot devices I was given four options: USB-FDD, USB-ZIP, USB-CDROM, and USB-HDD. I tried using the last three as options, and it still didn't see the USB drive (I figured the first is a Floppy disk drive, which doesn't help me). How do I get this working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SolidBladez is offline Member

Default Re: GA-P55-ud4, can't boot from USB

Are you running in AHCI? It should see your USB stick labeled to whatever it was called.

As far as I know, I'm running whatever the default is. When I built the computer the first time, I just put everything together, put the Windows DVD in the DVD-ROM, and it installed no problem. According to the manual that came with the board, if I wasn't able to install the operating system without the AHCI driver, it would have told me then, and I'd have to make a driver diskette, yes?

If I still need to do it, how? I don't have a floppy drive, and I wouldn't be able to do it from USB because I can't use USB to install Windows 7, so far. catch 22. :P

Nevermind! The default was IDE - I figured out how to change it to AHCI. Thanks! it's working like a charm, now!

Good news: it tries to clean install off my USB. Bad news: still fails to. Ah well.

have you enabled usb legacy devices in the bios? why cant you install win7 from dvd drive? did you disable floppy drives from boot order and disable drive A in bios? this will help installing win7,and have you made the usb stick bootable?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Don't worry about anything in the BIOS to boot from USB. All you have to do is have Legacy USB enabled, leave the USB Stick in and then hit F12 on startup, choose HDD+ and on the next screen choose your USB Stick by name.

If it fails to boot from it then you did not set it up to be bootable properly.

If you are unsure about that, I made a simple guide to make a USB bootable here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Ive been trying to boot from my flash drive for a while now....but I cant for some reason. Ive tried everything people have been posting here but nothing works. In the F12 menu I dont have the option HDD++ and Ive got legacy usb enabled its set AHCI. I made my bootable usb drive with Rufus and an ISO Ive used before on other PCs but for some reason I havnt been able to

Thread Information