Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte E8000 TV tuner

Default Re: Gigabyte E8000 TV tuner

system was i7-920 4.2ghz almost stable might need some tweaking
    i wanted to start another post for that.

but now im on stock and problem stays

i believe this installation is going to be 1 year old soon, and yeah i was thinking it might be pretty messed up. and ive been also thinking that i might be missing some codec.

well i belieev we have analog cable here ,
    and if im correct you are talkin about localization settings PAL NTSC and stuff?
    i got those right i think i had leadtek wifast xp2000 runing on same spotfew years ago on some old PC. and it worked there with same setings.
    im gonna double check that

all softwares i tryed detected up to 70 chanels. and thats the number of chanels we have paid. it saves chanenels to favorits and everything.

i can surf chanels but there is no sound or some noises squeeling
    from time to time and picture is just black or green solid color.

blaya

you know when you first plugged tv card in and windows displays new found hardware? did you click on install drivers automatically and then search web for drivers? thats what i did with mine and it installed drivers from web then i could use it in windows media centre,i didnt install any software or drivers that came with the card untill few days later,now i have both software programs to watch tv on
    Last edited by wazza300; 07-01-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    you know when you first plugged tv card in and windows displays new found hardware? did you click on install drivers automatically and then search web for drivers? thats what i did with mine and it installed drivers from web then i could use it in windows media centre,i didnt install any software or drivers that came with the card untill few days later,now i have both software programs to watch tv on

tryed that, it didnt find drivers i wrote it earlier when u suggested it before.

same thing all the time i tryed all the things writen in this thread.
    ill try drivers you linked tommorow morning. :D

thx and good night

blaya

you could try pci driver for kworld,its not the software only the pci drivers so they would be similar it may may not work but it wouldnt hurt to try

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

just un-install if it doesnt work
    ok, i promised ill try this one in the morning, but i see this one is PCI .
    My card uses PCI-E bus so i guess it wont help.

i am thinking about installing xp on other disk i have and try it there.
    it might work :D

thanks for now

Greetings, i have the exact same problem here. I also bought a Gigabyte e-8000 (mainly for the digital channels) and running on windows 7 x64.

No matter what i did the last few days, the card just refuses to show any signal. It shows that it detects some analogue frequencies, but no image or sound. I experimented a little and tried force a generic NXP driver over the gigabyte one (NXP 7160) which actually worked for me and enabled the card to detect all my digital and analogue programs but since it's not the card's original drivers, i ended up with problems with the remote as well as Media center needing a rescan on every boot for the channels to be able to playback.

I contacted gigabyte and they insist that the problem lies within my windows installation which i must say it's fairly new (reformatted a month ago).

I'm clueless as of what to do. Obviously the card is not a defect one, since it can work by using a generic set of drivers but again, gigabyte clearly states that the card is compatible with windows7.

So any ideas?:P
    Last edited by Enorym; 07-01-2010 at 11:12 PM.

if i was having that much hassle trying to get a tv card to work i would return it demanding a refund/replacement or buy a different brand like haupage,or k-world 210se,which i have and had no issues at all,just plugged in and win7 even found the pci drivers for me and worked in wmc straight away......ive had win7 installed a year so i cant be your installation as gigabyte blamed it on,...................unless your card is defective?? tried it in another pc??
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

ok, i have double checked,
    we have:
    analog cable broadcast ,
    analog terestrial,
    digital videobroadcast terestrial in mpeg-4
    and its PAL-B
    so there is nothing wrong with my settings

@Enorym

m8 I will try original nsx driver too, now that u say it works

try instaling remote directly from gigabyte cd

i am in contact with GB aswell
    just send them bunch of files they wanted (system info grafic driver info)well see what they say.
    on other hand in my case it might be windows instalation since its like 1 year old.

and to remind you
    might be windopws on your side to..
    i had problem with 1 month old windows installation long ago but it was on xp .
    ill just try smacking win7 64 on other disk to see if its really windows
    ill contact you in a day or 2 if it solves any problem:d

THX blaya
    Last edited by Blaya; 07-01-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: just remembered

I'm so glad i found a user with the exact same problem. i was starting to wonder what the hell is wrong :P

You can try the NXP driver by going to device manager -> Sound, Video and game controllers -> right click on tv tuner and select properties -> update driver -> Browse my computer for drivers -> let me pick from a list bla bla -> untick the show only compatible hardware and then navigate to NXP and select the "NXP SAA7160" and reboot.

The problem with the remote i was getting with this driver is that while it works ok when i boot up, it will stop function as soon as i start scanning channels in MCE.

Lastly, windows problems such us corrupted files or installations would be valid as a point if they would mess up with the video codecs that the driver might use, but i did disable every other video codec in my system just to check it, but no avail.

If you try a fresh installation of windows, please post your results here, so we know what's going on!

did you try installing gigabyte drivers as admin?? right click driver installer.exe/properties/compatibility and check run as admin,then install them,you have to do this with lan drivers sometimes
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

did you try installing gigabyte drivers as admin?? right click driver installer.exe/properties/compatibility and check run as admin,then install them,you have to do this with lan drivers sometimes
    Yeap, been there done that. I've even tried with my anti virus switched off (they are known suspects when it comes to driver installations)

As i can see it and since Gigabyte is known for its windows 7 driver problems in earlier tv tuner hybrids, This is either a driver incompatibility problem or just defective model. I refuse to believe that my windows 7 installation would have anything to do with it.

Let's see how Blaya's re-installation of windows will go!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information