Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte E8000 TV tuner

Default Re: Gigabyte E8000 TV tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Enorym View Post
    Yeap, been there done that. I've even tried with my anti virus switched off (they are known suspects when it comes to driver installations)

As i can see it and since Gigabyte is known for its windows 7 driver problems in earlier tv tuner hybrids, This is either a driver incompatibility problem or just defective model. I refuse to believe that my windows 7 installation would have anything to do with it.

Let's see how Blaya's re-installation of windows will go!
    no its not windows instalation.

there is one diference though, ins not green or black solid anymore, it was a bit green but when i presed autotune it went all black.

i dont think my monitor ever showed so muckh blackness

i did install all in admin modes.

dont have antivirus

all newest drivers
    ok so here is what ive done:
    windows7 64bit ultimate restart
    gigabyte infautol restart
    intel intel raid restart
    gigabyte raltek azalia sound restart
    gigabyte realtek lan restart
    window update maximum restart
    nvidia latest whql restart
    gigabyte downloaded 64bit driver for tv tuner
    gigabyte CD E8000 remote x64
    gigabye presto PWR utility restart

i think you both really need to test on another machine as they still could be faulty cards,if they dont work then i would pick another brand
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i expected it.

That's either something on gigabyte's end (ie. they screwed up the drivers) or we are two unlucky fellas with defect models:P

What worries me, is that i can hardly find any information about this model anywhere, no forum discussions, no similar problems or anything with this particular model.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    i think you both really need to test on another machine as they still could be faulty cards,if they dont work then i would pick another brand
    That would be a problem for me, as the only other pc that i have in my house, has no pci-e slots:P

I could try it on a friend's pc but again, he has windows 7 too so that means that i wont be able to know for sure if the card is defective or the drivers are screwed up:P

I guess i'll take it back to the e-shop i got it from and ask for a replacement on monday. Just waiting for some response from gigabyte tech support who i'm in contact with.

yes ive searched too to try and find fixes for you and nothing,how many pci-e slots does your mb have? tried it in another slot? it still could be poor drivers due to it being a new card
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    yes ive searched too to try and find fixes for you and nothing,how many pci-e slots does your mb have? tried it in another slot? it still could be poor drivers due to it being a new card
    I'm using DFI t3eh6 (x58) which has 4 pcie slots if i can recall correctly. 2x 16x slots and 2x 4x slots. Tried the card on both free slots (4x and 16x) which made no difference. The card itself uses pci-e 1x bracket so it's not a pci-e bandwidth issue either.

I'm leaning towards the driver problem myself too, since the card can operate when using the NXP 7160 (older chipset) drivers which came with my windows 7 installation. But that's just some dirt cheap way of making it work..partially :P I can get all analogue/digital/fm radio signal that way but i have to rescan the channels with mce on every reboot to "kickstart" the tuner.

well i couldnt find any topic on this card either. actually i think i made first one

i think this is brand new product and it was supposed to be kick ass quality for 50€.

i guess we really are lucky b4stards :D

think im gonna try window xp tonight or maybe vista.

i hope gigabyte support sends me some major fix tommorow mornin hihi

well i have x58-ud3r so it might not be motherboard. and what grafics card do u have? maybe nvidia? cuz i have some bsods i didnt have before. and one of them is definetly connected to nvidia driver.

well good luck with your new card .

edit: one more thing m8, if u use included presto pwr software u could export import channel list i think. might save you some rescaning :D
    Last edited by Blaya; 07-02-2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: .

My vga card is an nvidia GTX285. I had no Bsods before or after the card's installations so i can't really reproduce that problem.

The reason i bought that tunner was the kickass price for what it should offer, and its size:P But i so regret not choosing a hauppauge product instead of this one..

I hope gigabyte will do something about it and i mean soon :P otherwise i'm getting this card replaced :P

And yes Blaya, your post was the first one i managed to came up with @ google for any info about this particular problem. Either noone else has bought that tuner yet or everyone else seems to be happy with it :P either way we are 2 lucky b4stards:P

Quote Originally Posted by Enorym View Post
    My vga card is an nvidia GTX285. I had no Bsods before or after the card's installations so i can't really reproduce that problem.
    i got gtx280 with 257.21 drivers i think. are u using that MCE Codec from CD?
    and did u have to browse and install from folder or could you instalit in autorun gui setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaya View Post
    i got gtx280 with 257.21 drivers i think. are u using that MCE Codec from CD?
    and did u have to browse and install from folder or could you instalit in autorun gui setup?
    The card's running on the latest nvidia drivers. I did install that MCE Codec that was on the cd, manually and not from the setup gui. It was the first thing i removed when i found out that the tuner was not working..

Did you get any response from Gigabyte yet? i got mine at morning and after that nothing :P

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information