Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with ep45 ud3p rev 1.6

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Problem with ep45 ud3p rev 1.6

Check the board itself. The noard revision is printed at the corner above the far PCI slot I/O panel side.
    It is possible the board revision do not match the print on the box.
    Rev 1.1 and 1.0 share the same BIOS which latest is now F10.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, and it's also possible that it was a return/swticharoo board from the shop you got it at too, ya never know.

No no, I am totally sure it is a 1.6... because of the bottom left corner print. The thing is that at the time im not with it so at this point I cant check exactly the BIOS version, nor make any test, but I will be back with her tomorrow so I will tell you... thanks for the answers.

Ok, I just came home and... I got with me a pen drive with the latest version of FE bios, my brother had it already flashed so I could not confirm if the previous version installed was indeed a 1.0/1.1rev BIOS. I flashed it again though and then took the battery off and placed it verticall over the contact and waited for some moments. Turned it on again and then came into bios and loaded fail safe setting and optimal settings. the computer booted ok for a few times but then the problem showed up again. When we reseted from the case button, turned itself off for 3 or 4 seconds and then started again, sometimes. Then, when tried to restart from windows the same happened but also sometimes. there was a couple of times that the computer tried to start but it could not and did some turn off / turn on attempts like when you do an overclock that will not be stable at all... and we needed to turn the PSU off for it to start ok again.

I really don't know what it could be since this never happened before and it was being used stock non 24/7 for maybe 4 months now... Could you please let me know what I can do or what do you think this can be?

thanks a lot!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Could you please provide the information as described in steps 1-4 in this post.
    Mean while you may try the following changes after loading optimized defaults:
    Code:
    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Standard]

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core ---------------- 1.100V ------- : [1.2] <<< try 1.2-1.24v

i think it's normal...... the same thing happens with asus rampage.... XG31i.....
    Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Could you please provide the information as described in steps 1-4 in this post.
    Mean while you may try the following changes after loading optimized defaults:
    Code:
    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Standard]

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core ---------------- 1.100V ------- : [1.2] <<< try 1.2-1.24v
    Hi again guys... I tried setting the BIOS with the info given in the code box after loading optimized settings and nothing happened. I just tried to use totally diferent components, everything, a 4350 vcard, 2 1gb bars of spectek (generic) ram, a core2duo e6320 and a generic PSU. the same thing happened. It works flawlessly when it boots up, but you cant restart it from windows nor reset it from the case.... also happened that was not booting up from scratch... like a wrong overclock...

Any advise????

:(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information