Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1) Ps/2 port problem

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1) Ps/2 port problem

It's cool, yes it does suck to hear!!

That may help though, so thanks!

What you should do for now, until you get the exact model number, is put in a support ticket and see if they can get you a beta BIOS made
    Technical Support - GIGABYTE

Note the Model name you gave here, and what BIOS you are currently using. Keep in mind they will translate, so short and sweet would be best.

Let it be known though you need a beta BIOS for compatibility with said keyboard and your motherboard.

Thanks for the advice.

I already have a support ticket for it and the bios they gave me was the f6k. It was quite some time ago but the problem still persist.

I went to the logitech website and this is what I found.

Cordless Desktop

It has a different model # though. Mine has Y-RE2O RT7O2 V:5XTW

Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would either reply to that topic and let them know the model and that you are still having issues, or create a new report with them.

Probably best to re-open the current ticket you have going

Resurrecting this topic a year later - I just found the forums while searching for an answer to a similar problem. For now I've solved it, and the original poster probably has an answer by now. For the benefit of anyone else who experiences it, I'll ramble on for a while. My experience was with a Logitech EX110 Keyboard/Mouse combo:

First, going back to the original post, are you sure you had the connections right? On my receiver, the PS/2 connector (green) goes into the mouse port on the motherboard, and the USB connector uses the included lavender adapter to plug into the keyboard port. On a motherboard without PS/2 ports, the USB connector would go into a USB port and the green PS/2 connector would be unused.

I used my keyboard/mouse combo for five years on a computer running XP Pro and XP Pro 64-bit (dual boot) without any problems. A few months ago I built a new system with the same motherboard you cited, and installed Windows 7 64-bit. I don't think I even installed the Logitech software, and it came up and worked without a problem.

Until yesterday. I booted up, and no mouse. Some Microsoft updates had loaded the last time I shut down, and I still suspect they made some change that upset the equilibrium. I went through a process of elimination using an extra receiver and mouse that were leftovers from when I had to replace the original keyboard (it's not coffee-proof). Nothing worked, and I was about beginning to fear I had a motherboard hardware problem.

I went to the Logitech site and downloaded the latest software and the instructions, which I took time to read and follow (for once). After I installed the software and followed exactly the procedure for getting the keyboard and mouse to sync up with the receiver, everything works fine. It wasn't a hardware problem, it was a user problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information