Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P55-UD4P (rev 1) BSOD on resume from sleep - Windows 7 x64 (FIXED)

Default P55-UD4P (rev 1) BSOD on resume from sleep - Windows 7 x64 (FIXED)

Posting for the record:

I have had this problem since I built my new computer and its been months, and I was unable to resume from sleep without a BSOD. It would resume to the Welcome screen but when I clicked on my icon to log in, the screen would garble and it would BSOD. For months I thought this was a problem with the ATI drivers crashing, but every new update of the driver did not solve the problem. Also, my system is NOT overclocked.

Then I read somewhere that large SATA drives above 1TB had problems when resuming from sleep as they could not be initialized quickly enough. There is a hotfix from Microsoft which addresses this, but before installing that, I headed over to the gigabyte.com to update my Intel INF, Gigabyte SATA2 RAID, Intel AHCI RAID drivers despite the fact that I am not using RAID.

Well, that fixed the problem! I don't know which drivers they were, but one of them has fixed the problem and I resume from sleep without any crashes.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P55-UD4P (rev 1) BSOD on resume from sleep - Windows 7 x64 (FIXED)

Nice to see you got this all sorted out!

I'd not use, or uninstall, the Gigabyte RAID Driver if you are not using RAID on those ports. It can cause issues, so best to not use it if it is not needed.

Good tip. Uninstalled rolled back the Gigabyte drivers. Resume from sleep is still working great. So it's one of the Intel drivers that helped.

I'd just remove the driver, unless that is what you meant.

Nice to see all is still well though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I'd just remove the driver, unless that is what you meant.

Nice to see all is still well though!
    Yeah, I uninstalled the driver, but that didn't remove the Gigabyte controllers in device manager. So, I had to roll them back to the previous windows default drivers.

Ahh ok I got ya now, well nice to see all is still going smoothly!

Thread Information