Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RAID 0 boot drive diasppeared

alternety is offline Member

Default Re: RAID 0 boot drive diasppeared

I am not installing RAID. 1 drive. Win 7 64. It could not be more vanilla if I tried. No use of CD that came with motherboard. Only drivers will be from this web site.

sorry i havnt had tme to read thru posts,you just installing win7 on one hdd? or ssd? just set to ahci the two options in bios,and install it,makesure you disable floppy drives from boot order and drive A,try disabling intel turbo boost and it should install fine,do you know if win7 install disk isnt corrupted?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, no. This worked for months. It is not a new install. I have basic competence.

Quick update so people don't have to read the whole thread.

I started with a Win 7 64 system with the system on a RAID 0 array that was working fine. I deleted a program called BCU. I believe at the same time there was a MS update of some sort. Rebooted and BSOD 7b. I spent a month or so researching trying to repair that system. I created a single drive copy of the system and worked to fix that. Manually rebuilt the boot components. Never got it fixed.

I have been using UBCD4Win to look at things. It loads a version of XP PE from CD. It builds itself in a ram disk and does not impact the installed drives. Occasionally that application loads all of the software and boots XP and then gets a BSOD 7b while starting XP. It seems to be a random phenomenon. Other times it loads XP just fine and it is usable with the utilities included.

I have finally given up and did a clean install of Win 7 64 on a single drive. Cleared CMOS, installed F7 BIOS. Set things in the BIOS for my configuration. Drives are connected to the primary Intel disk controller. Running ACHI. Installed OK and I tried to get Gigabyte application to download drivers. I could not get past the opening screen on that web site. Tried repeatedly. Used CD that came with MB, knowing it would install old drivers. It seemed to work, but rebooting failed to get back into the OS. Restarted until windows offered to repair it. Didn't work. Reinstalled. Installed Catalyst for the video. OK. Tried another driver (not sure which) from this website. Reboot, BSOD 7b.

I have been unable to find any diagnostic software to try to isolate an intermittent hardware problem. I found someone selling a PCI card to do that but no manual download to read and price upon request leads me to believe that buying a new MB would be a whole bunch cheaper.

I am rather suspecting that something has gone wrong in the MB. And it is intermittent.

That is where I am.

Suggestions solicited.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

7B BSOD means the driver or setting for the BIOS is incorrect, for IDE/AHCI/RAID. If you are not seeing any drives listed in the Standard CMOS BIOS page, then you still have the BIOS set to AHCI or RAID

Get all your drivers directly from the source, or from the webpage for your motherboard, no need to install any software to download drivers. And really that is how all this started right, you removed something related to that program, so just don't use it.

Here is driver sources in case you aren't sure where to get things

Intel INF Chipset Drivers
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

Intel AHCI/RAID Drivers
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ntel%C2%AE+RST)

RealTek Audio
    Realtek D

RealTek LAN
    Realtek

Your motherboard's page, "Kinda" up to date drivers
    GA-P55A-UD7 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information