Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EX58-DS4 BIOS flash, now no boot.

Default EX58-DS4 BIOS flash, now no boot.

Ok so a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to do a few little upgrades - get that graphics card I wanted and do a low/medium OC. Finally got everything together, spent more money that I wanted to and began the first stage of OCing updating the BIOS. Followed steps to the guide I found here, got the bios F11 from the Gigabyte website made the USB and proceeded to flash.

Flash good - restart and it hangs at initial loading screen... (is that the POST screen?) the screen where you hit del to enter bios.

So I hit my clrcmos button and now it does almost the same thing, but this time it cycles that screen. I dont think it does a full reboot but it will hang for about 15-20 seconds - black out then come back to that screen.

I thought dual bios was supposed to kick in and save from this happening?

I went back to the gig site and saw that F4 they fixed a problem with dualbios not restoring, Im not sure but I probably had F3 bios..

If anyone can give me some advice on what I can do if I can get it working that would be great. Otherwise I would like to know whether the board is still covered under warranty (I have had it since Jan 09). Considering it is a problem with the dual bios not restoring - a function of the MB I would think that is a problem that would be covered?

Thanks for the help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-DS4 BIOS flash, now no boot.

What is the actual screen you are seeing, what does it say or can you post a image?

The boards have 3 year warranty so you would be fine, but if it comes down to it I can help you correct this without a RMA likely.

What memory are you using, and have you tried with one stick in any of the three white slots by itself, since this happened?

All I see is the picture (i think that is what you mean by post an image).

I just bought this ram yesterday - OCZ PC3-12800 Gold 3x2GB OCZ3G1600LV6GK everything was working untill I decided to flash.

I have not tryed one stick - I will do that now.

If you can get this working for me without RMA I will be SOOOOO happy :D (dont you get my hopes up now!)

So you get the Gigabyte Logo or something like that right? I meant post me a picture from your camera, if you were sure how to tell me what image is showing on the screen.

What ram was you using before, also try that with one stick only, in any white slot.

You may also need to just clear the CMOS longer, do this by unplugging your PSU from the wall, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute, then press and hold the Clear CMOS button for a few minutes.

Then plug it back and and see what happens. Ya, if it was just a bad flash I can likely help you recover via shorting the MAIN BIOS, if you are not scared (It's not scary). Do you have fine tipped tweezers?

I like where this is going (fine tipped tweezers! lol) Yes its the gigabyte logo.

I tryed each type of ram in every white slot, nothing.

Im going to do the cmos thing now you said. how fine do the tweezers need to be?

-tryed clearing cmos again as you described, no luck.
    Last edited by pizzak; 07-15-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Ok, thanks for the image clarification.

Yes, please do try clearing the CMOS as I mentioned, also sometimes you may need to remove the CMOS Battery for 20 minutes or so too, so try that next if the way I mentioned does not help.

Tweezers, I mean fine tipped not like normal ones girls would have :) You could also use a bent paper clip or some hard wire, if you have steady hands.

I mean like these
    http://www.meritline.com/high-precis...-p-43059.aspx?

removing the batt now - will have to look around for something to use as I dont have anything like that laying around.

edit- Paperclip it is.
    Last edited by pizzak; 07-15-2010 at 04:20 PM.

A bent paper clip or a safety pin with the lock end cut off would work, if you have steady hands.

Ok battery out didnt do it.

Did you find anything you might be able to use like I mentioned?

PM coming, one second

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information