Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    RAM is certified to run @ 2000MHz and have factory profil X.M.P. with this seettings ... but I will test with slower frequency and more voltages ...

    Other any ideas ?

    PS. Where QPI/VTT voltages are set? On CPU or northbridge ?

    Regards,
    Last edited by Payti; 07-19-2010 at 04:18 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    try with 1800mhz first and see ifyour more stable,then go for 2000mhz later if you want,qpi/vtt is for the memory controller inside the cpu,the more ram/faster ram and tighter timings the more qpi/vtt you will need

    for 3.8ghz set blck to 21x180 and disable intel turbo boost,set ram to 1.66v and 10x ram multiplier,uncore freq set to 21x
    set cpu voltage to normal setting and qpi/vtt to 1.35000v see if you have any luck with those
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #13
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    2000Mhz is hard to keep stable on a Non-980X CPU, you will need high QPI/Vtt voltages that may not be ideal for 24/7 use.

    Let me know if you need my help with anything else here, I can help you get them going at 2000Mhz but like I said it may not be ideal for daily use

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    2000Mhz is hard to keep stable on a Non-980X CPU, you will need high QPI/Vtt voltages that may not be ideal for 24/7 use.

    Let me know if you need my help with anything else here, I can help you get them going at 2000Mhz but like I said it may not be ideal for daily use
    Yes thats right. I find more stable at the moment settings (no Win 7 restarts) and OCCT, LinX stable works.

    This settings are:
    - BCLK = 195MHz
    - CPU multiplier = x21, CPU @4.1GHz
    - RAM multiplier = x10, goes @1950 Mhz
    - DDR voltage = 1.66V
    - QPI/VTT voltage = 1.635V (XMP profile sets to 1.6V @2000MHz)
    - IOH core voltage = 1.2V
    - Vcore voltage = 1.18125V [Normal]
    - DVID voltage = + 0.10000V - gives at real on CPU 1.26V (temp. max 72'C)

    I will test more time (eg 10h, 24h with full load OCCT or LinX) and report.

    Regards,

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California, San Francisco Bay area
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Payti View Post
    Yes thats right. I find more stable at the moment settings (no Win 7 restarts) and OCCT, LinX stable works.

    This settings are:
    - BCLK = 195MHz
    - CPU multiplier = x21, CPU @4.1GHz
    - RAM multiplier = x10, goes @1950 Mhz
    - DDR voltage = 1.66V
    - QPI/VTT voltage = 1.635V (XMP profile sets to 1.6V @2000MHz)
    - IOH core voltage = 1.2V
    - Vcore voltage = 1.18125V [Normal]
    - DVID voltage = + 0.10000V - gives at real on CPU 1.26V (temp. max 72'C)

    I will test more time (eg 10h, 24h with full load OCCT or LinX) and report.

    Regards,

    Payti;

    my suggestion would be to increase Vcore towards 1.35 V, you will have to find the minimum voltage to achieve your OC at the minimum necessary power.

    you briefly mention 72C system temperatures. Could you elaborate on the cooling and temps?

    good luck, Jure Z.
    Last edited by JureZ; 07-20-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    i7 920 (D0) @ 4.05 GHz (193*21) | GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | BIOS Rev FI
    6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
    Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
    Win XP Home 32 SP3

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Quote Originally Posted by JureZ View Post
    Payti;

    my suggestion would be to increase Vcore towards 1.35 V, you will have to find the minimum voltage to achieve your OC at the minimum necessary power.

    you briefly mention 72C system temperatures. Could you elaborate on the cooling and temps?

    good luck, Jure Z.
    I tested this Vcore from 1.39V downto 1.24V and on 1.26V CPU are full stable (LinX), more down voltages gives hangsup and reboot or error on LinX.

    72'C is highest temp on one hotest CPU core after 15 minutes LinX test. I have LC and Apooge XT on CPU.

    Regards,
    Last edited by Payti; 07-20-2010 at 07:35 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California, San Francisco Bay area
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Payti View Post
    I tested this Vcore from 1.39V downto 1.24V and on 1.26V CPU are full stable (LinX), more down voltages gives hangsup and reboot or error on LinX.

    72'C is highest temp on one hotest CPU core after 15 minutes LinX test. I have LC and Apooge XT on CPU.

    Regards,
    your XT LC is very nice, I think temps are on the high side for it.
    I still recommend to find a stable Vcore setting, higher than the normal 1.18 V.
    i7 920 (D0) @ 4.05 GHz (193*21) | GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | BIOS Rev FI
    6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
    Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
    Win XP Home 32 SP3

  8. #18
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Payti View Post
    Yes thats right. I find more stable at the moment settings (no Win 7 restarts) and OCCT, LinX stable works.

    This settings are:
    - BCLK = 195MHz
    - CPU multiplier = x21, CPU @4.1GHz
    - RAM multiplier = x10, goes @1950 Mhz
    - DDR voltage = 1.66V
    - QPI/VTT voltage = 1.635V (XMP profile sets to 1.6V @2000MHz)
    - IOH core voltage = 1.2V
    - Vcore voltage = 1.18125V [Normal]
    - DVID voltage = + 0.10000V - gives at real on CPU 1.26V (temp. max 72'C)

    I will test more time (eg 10h, 24h with full load OCCT or LinX) and report.

    Regards,
    1950Mhz shouldn't need so much QPI/Vtt, but it might depending on the timings you are using and your CPU.

    2000Mhz is possible, but only with voltages like you are using now and I wouldn't run that much for daily use.

    You should be able to run 1850-1950 with only 1.4-15 QPI/Vtt maybe, you should try that as I wouldn't advise using above 1.55-1.6 for any long term or benching (LinX) with it really.

    Set it all yourself and you will have much better luck, meaning Disable XMP and set everything yourself.

    If you set x10 memory multiplier be sure you set only x20 Uncore, once the uncore goes past 4Ghz that is where things get unstable and why 2000Mhz ram speed is often very tricky

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    1950Mhz shouldn't need so much QPI/Vtt, but it might depending on the timings you are using and your CPU.

    2000Mhz is possible, but only with voltages like you are using now and I wouldn't run that much for daily use.

    You should be able to run 1850-1950 with only 1.4-15 QPI/Vtt maybe, you should try that as I wouldn't advise using above 1.55-1.6 for any long term or benching (LinX) with it really.

    Set it all yourself and you will have much better luck, meaning Disable XMP and set everything yourself.

    If you set x10 memory multiplier be sure you set only x20 Uncore, once the uncore goes past 4Ghz that is where things get unstable and why 2000Mhz ram speed is often very tricky
    Ok, I will try use QPI/VTT under 1.6v (1.4 and above, max to 1.6V) and x20 Uncore test and report.

    THX for advice and warning ...

    Regards,
    Last edited by Payti; 07-24-2010 at 05:22 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) and i7 930 OC settings examples ...

    Great, I have found fully stable settings with down QPI/VTT voltage.

    This settings are:
    - BCLK = 195MHz
    - CPU multiplier = x21, CPU @4.1GHz
    - Uncore multiplier = x20
    - RAM multiplier = x10, goes @1950 Mhz
    - DDR voltage = 1.66V
    - QPI/VTT voltage = 1.535V
    - IOH core voltage = 1.2V
    - Vcore voltage = 1.18125V [Normal]
    - DVID voltage = + 0.11250V - gives at real on CPU 1.28V

    All EIST, C1E, C3/C6/C7 functions in bios are enabled. All cores and Multi Threading are on.

    Screen after 20 min LinX (24800 problem size, mem All) and 1h OCCT (HT on) test without errors!



    LC cooling system was set to 60% performance (50% rpm fans and 65 % rpm DDC pump) and fully quiet.

    @Lsdmeasap could You think thats settings will be good for daily and safe use?

    Regards,
    Tom
    Last edited by Payti; 07-24-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •