Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-x58A-UD3R SATA 3.0 Problems

Default GA-x58A-UD3R SATA 3.0 Problems

I am having some major problems with my 2TB SATA III. I flashed my BIOS to F5, I returned my other Seagate Sata 3.0 2TB HD, and obtained another with the same problem. When I use the Regular SATA data connector to this drive it works fine.

However, when I am running SATA 3, it hangs when moving a large file, and the drive eventually just disapears from Windows, and I have to reboot to see the drive again.

I reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit Pro, and still had the same problem. I also tried to reinstall the Marvell driver, which caused a massive BSOD when Windows restarted.

It does this in both IDE, and AHCI mode as well, I've tested both. I would really like to see the speed of this drive at its fullest capacity. It's running fine, as long as it's not connected to the SATA 3 data cable.

This is definately an issue with the motherboard, and I would rather not have to return this board to the manufacturer.

Also I am having another issue with my SSD, sometimes when I leave my computer on, and running, sometimes I will come back to my computer with a BSOD, and the only way I can temporarily fix it, is by unplugging the data cable and plugging it back in while the computer is off, and then rebooting it, 1-2 times until BIOS re-discovers the drive. Is all this related to a potentially defective motherboard?

System specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit Professional
    GA-x58A-UD3R Motherboard (Flashed to F5)
    Intel Core i7 980X
    1000 Watt Corsair PSU
    6GB ddr3 PC1600
    3 x Nvidia 260 GTX BFG TECH Max Force 55 PCI-E 2.0
    128 GB SATA II A-Data SSD (Running Windows OS)
    2TB Seagate SATA III.
    Last edited by Panemon187; 07-24-2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: typo

Default Re: GA-x58A-UD3R SATA 3.0 Problems

i remember someone had to update with a microsoft update to fix disapearing drives and hdd's over 1tb,have you got the ssd plugged into port 0? are you running in ahci mode?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I think we spoke on another forum possibly, Crucial forum?

It's the Marvell SATA 6Gb/s controller, it can't handle much stress so I think this is causing both of the issues you are seeing.

It's not the board, it's the controller.

Wazza:
    It should be in port 0, and the SSD is running in AHCI Mode currently.

Lsdmeasap:
    Is there a patch/revision to this problematic controller? (Sorry I havn't been on the crucial forums.)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

No, it's just the controller can't handle a large load, this is really noticable in RAID or with fast SSD's.

Not you eh, well someone had same issue and hardware on crucial forum so I thought it might be you.

Best thing I can suggest is to use the Intel controller, until Intel comes out with SATA 6Gb/s ports.

Thread Information