Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2 + SSD + RAID 1 (BSOD & Disk Boot Failure)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2 + SSD + RAID 1 (BSOD & Disk Boot Failure)

I posted some thoughts for you here, and via PM
    SSD + RAID 1 HDD - BIOS SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode window 7 x64

Sorry to hear you already returned the boards, I could have helped I'm sure as I don't have any issues with similar setups

Trust me when I say it was a last resort, and I've tried a lot of BIOS permutations that should have easily worked, and I paired/unpaired/repaired/etc the RAID more times than I can count. I kept 1 system for a month messing around, and doing as much as I could to get it to run.

Since these are for my office they needed to be bulletproof, and I did not like the option of purchasing {10 X ($150-$300+)} RAID Controllers.

Just bad luck. Over the years there's not one manufacturer of MOBO, HDD, PSU, etc that has a 100% record. As with most, the 30 day period rule.

Q - BIOS + Ports (SATA2 SSD & SATA2 RAID 1 HDD; what BIOS setting would you recommend and with what Ports?

Maybe helpful to others to know?

For one SSD and two HDD's in RAID I would use the following settings

SSD in SATA2_0

HDD X 2 in SATA2_1 and SATA2_2

Intel Controller (Blue Ports)
    eXtreme Hard Drive (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ........................ XHD/RAID or disabled
    ICH SATA Control Mode (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ..................... RAID
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (Intel ICH10R South Bridge) ............. Enabled

I'm having a similar problem with a similar setup. Same motherboard with an SSD and two HDDs in RAID 1. I got the BSOD once and the SSD hasn't been appearing in the BIOS since.

I've tried to follow the advice given in this thread so far. Would you come back and offer some more, Lsdmeasap?

I don't know whether it's relevant, but when I built the PC a month ago, the SSD didn't appear in the BIOS until I disabled multi-threading. After I installed Windows 7, I re-enabled multi-threading and everything seemed to be fine until a couple of days ago.

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SaintBen View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with a similar setup. Same motherboard with an SSD and two HDDs in RAID 1. I got the BSOD once and the SSD hasn't been appearing in the BIOS since.

I've tried to follow the advice given in this thread so far. Would you come back and offer some more, Lsdmeasap?

I don't know whether it's relevant, but when I built the PC a month ago, the SSD didn't appear in the BIOS until I disabled multi-threading. After I installed Windows 7, I re-enabled multi-threading and everything seemed to be fine until a couple of days ago.
    LSD does have more experience with ssd's but first make sure you have tried the latest bios for you motherboard and latest Firmware for your SSD drive.

Try clearing the cmos and loading optimized defaults save and exit renter bios and make changes to enable raid again and configure your memory. save exit and reboot reenter bios and see if drive is seen again if so save exit reboot back into windows then you can restart and reapply overclock or any other settings needed in bios. if not see if lsd can give you any further assistance.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Thanks for your help, Acebmxer. I have the latest BIOS, but I don't know about the SSD. Can't check since it's not being recognised.

I'm fairly new to all of this, so configuring the memory is a bit beyond me. Can you point me to a good source of info? Here's what I have: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM (3x2GB) DDR3. I was planning to use this machine to learn about overclocking, but haven't gotten there yet.

Maybe you mentioned configuring memory because you assumed I would want to and you wanted to make sure I did it in the right order and not because I might need to in order to correct my problem. So I've carried out those steps minus the configuring memory part, but the SSD still isn't recognised.

I'll do some research into configuring memory while I await lsd with bated breath :)

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

You can find a guide in the link from my sig or just google around. I mention memory b/c x58 defaults ram to 1066mhz so you have to change memory multi and other setting like timing and voltage to get your memory running at its rated speed.

Also down in my sig you can get a couple of bsod error codes and how to correct them. you may get them while trying to settup memory and or start to overclock.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Thanks again, Acebmxer. LSD said to start a new thread, so that's what I've done. Reading up about memory now.

Did you get your SSD going yet?

Have you tested it on another desktop to see if it's recognized there? You may need to RMA it, memory shouldn't be affecting your SSD and neither should hyper-threading so the SSD may have had some problems from the get go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information