Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X58A-UD7 w/ beta bios F7v - Verifying DMI pool boot up delay

Default Re: X58A-UD7 w/ beta bios F7v - Verifying DMI pool boot up delay

Computer Hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data"
    Last updated: 3/9/04

Q. During bootup my computer hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data." What is it and how do I fix it?

A. DMI or DesktopManagement Interface (pdf) is a layer of abstraction between system components and the software that manages them. The System Management BIOS (SMBIOS) is an extension of the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) that formulates and delivers this information to the operating system. The pool data is the information. In short, when the BIOS is "Verifying DMI pool data" it is verifying the table of data it sends to the operating system (Windows, etc.). If it isn't sucessful, it should return an error. Wait a reasonable period of time for it to finish. It may make take some time or it may be stuck. Possible fixes:

1. If you changed the hardware just before this problem occurred (e.g., installed a new hard disk drive), unchange it.

2. If you installed a new hard disk drive, set the motherboard CMOS Setup to Auto for the drive type. You may have to disconnect the drive first.

3. Enable "Reset Configuration Data" (may be "Force Update ESCD" in some CMOS Setuups) in the motherboard CMOS Setup PNP/PCI configuration. (Rebooting will automatically disabled it after it has done its thing.)

4. The CMOS may be corrupted. Clear it.

5. Disconnect all drives not required to boot the computer. If this fixes it, reconnect one at time.

6. The floppy drive may be bad or not connected properly.

7. Reseat all expansion boards.

8. Pull all boards not required to boot the computer.

Please see our Contact page if you have any comments or corrections that would make this article better. Please use our Forums if you need help with a computer or network problem

I have the same motherboard and exactly the same problem, with the same points sequential.

I have noticed that this happens when the first boot device selected is the CDROM.
    If the first boot device is HDD it does not. Or if your HDD is selected before the CDROM option it does not occurs.

I suspect the optical recorder. I think it has a bug.

Because in the past... i have had problems starting bootable CDs that were not recognized as such and the recorder was mounted on another computer before.

My optical drive is an Asus DRW-2014 L1T firmware 1.02.

best test with another dvd drive,always set you os hdd as first boot device anyway,if no os is found or no hdd's are installed it will move on to the next device in the boot order and so on
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ed1 is offline Member

I now have the F7 (non-beta) BIOS installed on my EX58A-UD7 system. The BIOS was loaded using Q-Flash with the option to delete DMI configuration selected.

The system behaves the same as the other posters' boards do. If the HDD is set as the first boot drive, there is no delay at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" during boot up. If other drives are set in the boot drive order prior to the HDD, a 15 second delay (with sequential dots displaying) occurs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" during boot up.

So, I can only conclude that this behavior is intended. It was introduced for some reason in the F7 beta bioses and is retained in the F7 release BIOS. Why - I have no idea.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GatoMichi1973 View Post
    I have the same motherboard and exactly the same problem, with the same points sequential.

I have noticed that this happens when the first boot device selected is the CDROM.
    If the first boot device is HDD it does not. Or if your HDD is selected before the CDROM option it does not occurs.

I suspect the optical recorder. I think it has a bug.

Because in the past... i have had problems starting bootable CDs that were not recognized as such and the recorder was mounted on another computer before.

My optical drive is an Asus DRW-2014 L1T firmware 1.02.
    I have the same exact model DVD drive, without issues, so it may be your drive is faulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I have the same exact model DVD drive, without issues, so it may be your drive is faulty?
    Ok, but have you the same motherboard (ga-x58a-ud7) and first bootable device as CDROM?

Have you had trouble starting certain (it depends on how they are recorded) bootable CDs using this recorder? Also, currently the standard is to use bootable DVDs.

Because of this, I think the combination of this motherboard and this recorder is causing the problem described in this thread; but I can be mistaken.

Anyway I have exposed the problem to technical support from Gigabyte. When I have the answer, I will post it in the thread.

Yes, I have same motherboard as well. But no, I always have HDD set as first boot device.

I use this configuration always:

1. HDD
    2. Disabled
    3. Disabled

Then I always use F12 to choose CD if I need to boot to CD, no reason for this it's just how I have always done things for many years.

I can and will however test this for you, no problem! Just need to set CD as first boot to test, that's it? What mode are you in? What port do you have your DVD drive connected to (Should be 4 or 5)?

I have had no issues with any type of bootable media, CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD/DVD-R/DVD-RW. Bootable DVD is only needed if you are trying to use something you need to be bootable such as a DOS test or program, or a OS Install disk. I do know if you are in AHCI mode sometimes some bootable media will fail to work such as DOS based items, so in those cases you need to switch the controller to IDE mode while you do what you need to then switch back when you are done. That has nothing to do with the drives though, that is due to the BIOS, motherboards themselves, or Intel's controller, not sure but I know I see that mentioned often. It however has never affected me with anything, so I am not sure exactly why others do have issue with it, maybe it's caused by only certain programs or disks that I do not use?

The only real issue I've had with this model DVD drive is after about a year and a half it has stopped being able to burn bootable media, and always trashes the disks when you try to create one. Aside from that mine has worked fine, just recently started going down that road to the trash can :)

So they don't last very long, maybe your issues are a symptom of yours dying as well? How long have you had yours?

lite-on drives are pretty good,ive had both ide and sata ones and both worked fine on my board
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, I have same motherboard as well. But no, I always have HDD set as first boot device.

I use this configuration always:

1. HDD
    2. Disabled
    3. Disabled

Then I always use F12 to choose CD if I need to boot to CD, no reason for this it's just how I have always done things for many years.

I can and will however test this for you, no problem! Just need to set CD as first boot to test, that's it? What mode are you in? What port do you have your DVD drive connected to (Should be 4 or 5)?

I have had no issues with any type of bootable media, CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD/DVD-R/DVD-RW. Bootable DVD is only needed if you are trying to use something you need to be bootable such as a DOS test or program, or a OS Install disk. I do know if you are in AHCI mode sometimes some bootable media will fail to work such as DOS based items, so in those cases you need to switch the controller to IDE mode while you do what you need to then switch back when you are done. That has nothing to do with the drives though, that is due to the BIOS, motherboards themselves, or Intel's controller, not sure but I know I see that mentioned often. It however has never affected me with anything, so I am not sure exactly why others do have issue with it, maybe it's caused by only certain programs or disks that I do not use?

The only real issue I've had with this model DVD drive is after about a year and a half it has stopped being able to burn bootable media, and always trashes the disks when you try to create one. Aside from that mine has worked fine, just recently started going down that road to the trash can :)

So they don't last very long, maybe your issues are a symptom of yours dying as well? How long have you had yours?
    My recorder has more than two years old. But it could be that it was damaged factory (your recorder works or worked fine). I have described the experience I had with it. Since I bought it I had problems with bootable CDs and I have had many recoders and this is the only one that worked in this way. But this is not important for this thread.

I think your configuration is respectable and perhaps use. If not solved the problem of pause and sequential points (at other times, I had used the F12 key to start a bootable disk).

Maybe in a next bios, Gigabyte solve the problem. Because this problem did not occur in earlier Bios.

The mode in which work is AHCI. A SSD is attached to SATA0, a HDD is attached to SATA2 and the recoder is attached to SATA4.

Ahh ya, it sounds like yours has been faulty from day one then!

Pauses at various times are common with all drives, as the board needs to read the drive/disk to see if it should be booting from the CD or not.

I'll test mine right now with CD set as first boot device and see what happens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information