Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Wake-on-Lan doesn't work after power cycle

Default Wake-on-Lan doesn't work after power cycle

I have a problem with Wake-on-LAN: If I boot the PC and shut id down, WoL works. However, if I switch off the power (PSU switch or unplug the cable) and switch it back on, WoL won't work. Front panel soft-switch still works though.

The BIOS setting for "AC back function", is Soft-Off. I've also tried "Memory", but that always switches the on computer regardless on whether it was off or on before.

MB: GA-EP45-DS5
    BIOS: F12 (also tried with F11)

Clues, anyone???

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Wake-on-Lan doesn't work after power cycle

That i think is normal, I haven't checked but I think it won't work until you shut down windows.
    The actual settings (magic packet or just any packet) must be set on the LAN card itself and is lost when power is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    That i think is normal, I haven't checked but I think it won't work until you shut down windows.
    The actual settings (magic packet or just any packet) must be set on the LAN card itself and is lost when power is off.
    No, it works even if you switch on the PC and switch it back off before any boot from the disk has taken place. WoL after power cycle also works on the Intel D510MO motherboard, so this is a problem with the EP45-DS5.

Mine never wake up after power lose so it may be common to all GB boards.

I see. I need to occasionally access the PC from 300km away, and after a crash I installed a timer that cycles the power once every night. I guess I'll have to get a remote GSM controlled power switch and set "AC Back" to "On" then, but it's a bit of a nuisance and a 150 expense.

Just set hibernate time for few minutes minutes with ac back on, that should be good compromise.

Can you set hibernate timeout before login to be different from hibernate when logged on?

Thread Information