Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: i7 980x & GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

Default Re: i7 980x & GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

This was max cpu clock ratio I could boot into windows and pass intel burn.

Last edited by Shauntx; 08-31-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Now I upped the blck 2 clicks then I do intel burn then look at volts each time.

OK, I'm going to try stepping thru it, and see what happens. Again, thanks for the help.

Can I get a ruling on 'Isochronous Support' - Enable? Disable? Does it have benefits if on, or does it impact your OC possibilities?

again I upped BLCK and vcore till I can pass intel burn test. Notice my QPI volts and other still at least amount.

Now I continued to do this each time till I get to 4.5Ghz. Then I start adjusting based on BSOD error I get. Till I can get finally overclock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauntx View Post
    This was max cpu clock ratio I could boot into windows and pass intel burn.

The first image appears to be missing... If I paste the URL, it tells me THE IMAGE CONTAINS ERRORS.

Can you fix it?

Thanks again.

And again, just to clarify.

To being, should I set Load Level Calibration to Standard, or go ahead to Level 1, since it will end up there eventually anyway?

I start with BLCK control disabled, and set my ratio, then run the intel burn in. If it passes, I up the BLK, then try it again.

Once I get to a ratio that fails, I know that the Ratio is now at its max.

(So, at no point during this process, do I need to set a manual voltage, correct?)

Once the ratio is established, then I enable BLCK, and start climbing from the default (133?) and see how high until it bombs. At this point, I up the voltage on the CPU until it passes (Correct?)

Once it passes, I then bump the BLCK again, run again, and again, if it fails, I bump the voltage until it passes (Correct?)

I do this until I reach 4.5, or the voltage / temps are too high (Correct?)

During all of the above, the only adjustments to voltages are to CPU vcore (Correct?)

I can then fight with the memory timings / voltage. (Will need to clarify on this area later, I'm sure)

Thanks again.
    Last edited by TheDON3k; 08-31-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDON3k View Post
    And again, just to clarify.

To being, should I set Load Level Calibration to Standard, or go ahead to Level 1, since it will end up there eventually anyway?

I start with BLCK control disabled, and set my ratio, then run the intel burn in. If it passes, I up the BLK, then try it again.

Once I get to a ratio that fails, I know that the Ratio is now at its max.

(So, at no point during this process, do I need to set a manual voltage, correct?)

Once the ratio is established, then I enable BLCK, and start climbing from the default (133?) and see how high until it bombs. At this point, I up the voltage on the CPU until it passes (Correct?)

Once it passes, I then bump the BLCK again, run again, and again, if it fails, I bump the voltage until it passes (Correct?)

I do this until I reach 4.5, or the voltage / temps are too high (Correct?)

During all of the above, the only adjustments to voltages are to CPU vcore (Correct?)

I can then fight with the memory timings / voltage. (Will need to clarify on this area later, I'm sure)

Thanks again.
    I enable BLCK control but keep it at 133. I then just up my ratio up one time till I cannot boot into windows.
    Once you get the max ratio you can boot into windows I then take a look at Easytune 6 get the volts and save them for reference then I set vcore according to easy turn and begin upping my BLCK 2 clicks at a time. everything else should be on auto. Disable all HT (for me I did) and power saving features.

Oh, OK.

So, to begin, just 'test' the Ratio by seeing if you can post / boot into windows. If this is possible, then then the Ratio is fine, and you can bumped it up again, and 'test' by posting/booting. If Post / Boot fails, you now now the max ratio.

Note the voltages on the max successful post / boot, then set those manually, and begin to to the BLCK bump until it fails, bump vcore volt, test again, etc.

Correct?

The only volts you should be changing at this time is VCORE nothing else but keep an eye out for other changes in Easy Tune because once you get to a certain point it will automatically up volts even though its not needed yet.

for memory set to lowest I did 1066 I believe and left uncore and everything else auto. I did change timmings to 9-9-9-24 1t

Just keep doing the process above and upping volts if you fail Intel burn test till you hit 4.5ghz (remember this will take time so don't rush!!!!!) You want least volts you can have because you SHOULD NOT BE RUNNING THIS CHIP 24/7 >90c Max I believe I hit was 78c before finally lowering volts after I established everything.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information