Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-x58A-UD3R Network adapter disapears

Default Re: GA-x58A-UD3R Network adapter disapears

Ok, I got hold of another brand of network card. This one appears to install properly, but I am unable to connect to a network, I get "doesn't have a valid IP configuration" and on checking the activity its sending packets but receives none.

Im guessing these motherboards are stuffed, Ill have to RMA both of them. Seems strange that both are doing the same thing.

tried entering the ip of the pc you want to connect to? or renewing ip address,seems like a network card error to me same as a router
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just reinstall Windows 7, same problem.

I tried ipconfig /release, but got an error:

"Address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint"

are you connected through a router? i dont know if you have to forward ports for network cards?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I just have a switch connecting 2 computers. The other computer shares its wireless, but Im not even getting network access.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

This sound like something other than the hardware causing the issue to me

Hi!

This sounds like what happened to me last night.

I bought a Gigabyte motherboard GA-x58-USB3 two months ago to build my new computer around. I installed a dualboot with Mac OS-X snow leopard and windows 7. It has been working great for the two months I've had it with windows 7. OS-X would not work with sound or quartz extreme due to my hardware. I could install iLife11 and updates, surf the web and do my e-mail but it was just not as sweet as I had hoped for.

Yesterday, I got the requested custombeast from Tony (great by the way) and I sat down to install OSX snow leopard on my second Harddrive.

I followed the excellent instruction from this site, downloaded iBoot and burned it to a CD. After that, I removed 4Gb memory and disconnected all USB-devices except mouse and keyboard, then I installed the os.
    I Had to use the "-x" switch to be able to complete the installation otherwise i got a "curtain" falling over the display and a message telling me in six languages that I needed to reebot and try again.
    Installation went through in failsafe mode but somehow i could not go online so I had to download the combo updatepack and nvidia update on another computer and burn them to a DVD.
    Installed everything with my custombeast and rebooted. Now sound (Acl892) and graphics (GTX480 1,5GB) seem to work and I can switch between different resolutions. Nice! And suddenly the NIC jerked into motion and I could setup a mailaccount and so on. Tried to download the rest of the patches (sorry, updates) from apple and install them but I had suddenly lost the NIC again...

Now I restarted and watched my switch where my XBOX and my PC is connected to internet. The XBOX had its green indicators flashing to indicate contact over the network. My computerport was dead.
    Beginning to worry I reconnected my windows 7 disc and booted as I have for two months Windows 7, no network there either!

I turned off my computer, reinstalled the last 4 GB memory, inserted cables to my USB-devices (printer, webcamera and USB-disk). Now the machine was exactly as before the OSX-installation.
    Tried windows 7 again, no errors and all devices worked as before - BUT NO NIC! AARG!
    It seem to me, as I watch the switchpanel, that the nic get power during a few seconds when I power the system on, but when the bios splashscreen displays before the computer finds all disks and it begin to boot an OS it goes out. No green light here...

Is it possible that the OS-X installation has, in lack of a better word, ****ed my BIOS?

I entered the bios and saw that "green LAN" was disabled but LAN itself was enabled. It looks like it should. The only thing that had changed that I could find was that my machine had set the OS-Xdisk as preferred startdrive which is fine by me. After all, that's the point of the installation. Since my other disk was disconnected during install I'm not suprised that the bios choose it. But I wonder if anything else has been changed as well...

Trying reebooting and entering OS-x again give the same result. I turned off the computer and pulled the powercoard from it, waited for a few minutes, then plugged it in and started it. Now I got the Nic to work in windows 7 for a minute then it was dead. AARG!

My computer has been running fine and been rocksteady until now, what can be the problem? Is my motherboard broken?

I didn't see if you made any alterations to your harware prior to your problems? As you can see, I had stripped my pc of parts in order to install Mac OS-X on a harddrive. After that I got screwed. Now I have a pc that works fine as a windows as well as a Mac, except that the nic have died...

- Stefan

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you using the latest BIOS?

When the LAN is not working, can you please enter the BIOS and on the MAIN page press F9 and see if you see a MAC address for the LAN or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information