Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimatech)

Default Re: Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimate

Getting ready for the next upgrade. Playing around with some modling to verify my measurements. Looks like everything is going to fit perfect :)

My mini-ITX v2.0 parts list:
    case - Silverstone SUGO SG05 (interior will be painted)
    PSU - Silverstone 450W SFX (cables will be recut for fit and sleeved)
    mobo - Gigabyte H55N-USB3
    CPU - Intel i5 750 (aiming for 4.2GHz or more)
    CPU cooling - Corsair H70 (with one 120x38mm 118CFM San-Ace)
    memory - 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX3
    graphics card - Gigabyte 5870 SOC (undervolted to 1.1V)
    OS storage - 80GB Intel X25M SSD
    games/media storage - 500GB Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive

Just waiting for the last few parts to arrive :)

The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

Heat Team IRONMODS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimate

Looks like it's going to fit without having to mod anything!

I really like how it holds the water setup too, this would be a killer machine for anyone needing a gamer in a tight space as you mentioned!

Actually, I'll need two mods, you can see one in the renderings...the H70 radiator will stick through the top plate (where the optical drive goes). The second will require cutting the front of the chassis directly in front of the video card. It will poke through by about 6mm, but the front plastic panel should still snap on with 2mm or so to spare (so the mod will not be visible) ;)

Heat Team IRONMODS

Ahh, I see what you mean now that you mentioned it. From your models it looks like the case was made that way, so I just thought no mods because you are so good with the modeling :)

Looks like the case was made to be that way naturally, especially with the radiator placement.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Looking great, are they Sketchup drawings? If so you may find this resource useful and the relating thread here.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, like to see what temps you get, my i5 750 with an H50 runs a bit toasty at 4Ghz when I'm transcoding - reaches 70+ on a hot day, and thats in a P180, although I do need to fine tune my overclock.

No, the renderings were done with Rhino....I've got an old copy of v1.0 from my days in school. I use it because I'm familiar with it ;)

Modeling tools for designers

Heat Team IRONMODS

Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    Getting ready for the next upgrade. Playing around with some modling to verify my measurements. Looks like everything is going to fit perfect :)

My mini-ITX v2.0 parts list:
    case - Silverstone SUGO SG05 (interior will be painted)
    PSU - Silverstone 450W SFX (cables will be recut for fit and sleeved)
    mobo - Gigabyte H55N-USB3
    CPU - Intel i5 750 (aiming for 4.2GHz or more)
    CPU cooling - Corsair H70 (with one 120x38mm 118CFM San-Ace)
    memory - 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX3
    graphics card - Gigabyte 5870 SOC (undervolted to 1.1V)
    OS storage - 80GB Intel X25M SSD
    games/media storage - 500GB Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive
    OK, Almost all the parts have arrived, and I've done the cutting mods on the case today for a test fitting.......EVERYTHING FIT :D

teaser

I ordered the wrong molex connectors and I'm waiting on the correct ones to arrive....then I'll strip down again and paint, and sleeve, and post my article....so it'll still be a couple more weeks. H70 testing under-way
    Last edited by miahallen; 09-04-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Heat Team IRONMODS

Looking really good, but was something a rather tight fit, I spy a claw hammer in the background

Edit: Can you still get the DVD drive in?
    Last edited by Ronski; 09-04-2010 at 04:12 PM.

I used the hammer to straighten out some metal pieces after the Jigsaw had it's way with them...
    The optical drive will not fit with this configuration....it would have with the air cooled config I started with, but I didn't need it in the first place....I own all my games through Steam ;)

Heat Team IRONMODS

Nice, can't wait to see how the final product turns out!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information