Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimatech)

Default Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimatech)

I recently built a mini-ITX gaming rig...check out my story:
    Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimatech)

Last edited by miahallen; 09-07-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

Heat Team IRONMODS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimate

Thanks for the review, I'll have to check it out!

Wish we could get those coolers here in the US already, I ended up buying a Shuriken because I couldn't wait, now I wish I would have waited it out cause that cooler isn't the greatest.

Default Re: Gaming in Tight Spaces…..mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimate

SPCR has tested both the Big Shuriken and the Samuel 17 and reports that the Scythe is actually better if both are equipt with the same fan....athough I'm not sold. I previously tested the Scythe and I was not impressed. But I have not done a head to head.

Heat Team IRONMODS

Really, Hmm.....

I haven't used the Samuel yet, but I don't think the Scythe is all that good so I doubt they are even, and the Scythe is VERY close to the PCIE card if one is installed. I actually put electrical tape on the side of the heatsink as it looked way to close for comfort.

Any idea when the Samuel is going to be in US Shops?

No, sorry :(

Heat Team IRONMODS

I guess I'll keep my eye out then.

Unless you could possibly talk a Prolimatech Rep into sending me one to use in a review (Hint Hint - Nudge Nudge)

I'm planning to rebuild this with some proper modding in the next few months to turn it into the ultimate mini-ITX rig....what do you guys think of the following upgrades?

Intel i5 750 CPU - Which I'd hope to run at 4.2GHz or more, plus it has a good IMC and 4 real cores. I'm not going to pursue an i7 because I'd turn off HT anyhow.

Corsair H70 CPU cooler - all internal. I'll have to replace the 3.5" HDD with a 2.5" and then relocate both it and the SSD.

Corsair Dominator GTX3 memory - rated at DDR3-2400 9-11-9-27, but I'll probably try to run DDR3-2000 CAS6 or DDR3-2200 CAS7.

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 SOC - stock clocks of 950 core and 1250 memory should give a noticable boost in GPU limited games. I'll have to mod the case a little for this to fit.

500GB Momentus XT - to replace the 1TB Green drive I'm running now.

And last but not least, I think I'd be pushing this 300W PSU a bit too hard, so I'll plan on upgrading to the new 450W SFX unit by Silverstone.
    Last edited by miahallen; 08-19-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Heat Team IRONMODS

It's gonna be rocking then!

Ya, you will have to mod the case for a 5870 SOC :)

Yeah, I've got some ideas ;)

Heat Team IRONMODS

Can't wait to see how it turns out, it'll be like adding a room onto a house :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information