Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H55M-USB Sound Troubles Again

Default H55M-USB Sound Troubles Again

This evening I started having problems with my headset, which is connected through the front panel audio connections supplied with my case. The speakers attached to the rear panel worked properly.

Thinking it was a driver problem I uninstalled it from my Windows 7 x64 system but now when I try to reinstall the same driver nothing happens. I am prompted to reboot but when I do, nothing shows up. Nothing on the Control Panel or down in the system tray and Device Manager does not recognize the sound hardware. The usual Realtek speaker icon that used to be displayed is replaced with a speaker icon with a red X stating there are no speakers or headphones installed.

I even tried to clean out all traces using Driver Cleaner.

The old version that I was using was 6.0.1.6083.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

***EDIT: I managed to get some sound back by updating the driver with the generic Windows one since the Realtek driver simply would not install. It went through the paces and asked me to restart. When the system came back up there was no driver listed, I had unrecognized devices in Device Manager and it still said that there were no speakers/headphones detected.

Now I'm still sitting here with an unrecognized storage controller (AVN6TY5F IDE) and a generic Other device (PCI Simple Communications Controller).
    Last edited by Optix; 08-18-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    Slave to technology.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: H55M-USB Sound Troubles Again

I would uninstall all sound drivers from Device manager, reboot and run windows update and let it install the sound driver, then update with the latest RealTek one from here

Realtek

This has been very strange. In order for the Realtek install to go properly Windows had to install the generic driver. I still don't have front panel sound so I guess now it's down to troubleshooting configuration and then onto ports/headphones.

***EDIT: Looks like my cups finally died. 2 and a half years. Too bad. They were mighty comfy although it could be time to do some ghetto modding. Thanks as always!
    Last edited by Optix; 08-19-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Slave to technology.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya I'm not sure why it has to be in that order, but that's why I suggested it as I know it will install the MS UAA driver easier that way.

So you got it, but found you had dead headphones right? If so sorry to hear your phones are dead, but glad to hear you got it working now!

Thread Information