Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

QPI status is always messed up in the MIT Status page, not sure why? Mine says x48 when I'm using X36. I suggested 48 to you for 133 Bclk, are you still using that? If not use x36 for now, you may want to either way until you get everything else sorted out.

You can check actual in windows with CPU-Tweaker
    http://www.tweakers.fr/download/CPU-Tweaker.zip

Try IOH 1.14, and QPI you will need to tinker with, 1.35 may be too much or not enough still.

You have to play around a bit, trying 1-2 setting at a high or low value isn't going to work, you will need to try many before you find the right ones.

And when you post back about issues you need to give us your full settings always so we can be sure of everything so it's more clear on what to advise back

I don't know much about these things. So I am uncertain which settings to tinker with in what directions, depending on the symptoms.

Now the XMP has always (only tried it twice) booted, and it sets the QPI/vtt to 1.415 if I remember correctly.

So if I get the boot errors with QPI/vtt at 1.25 and 1.35, but not at 1.41 is it safe to assume that it should be above 1.35? Or is it still possible that the right value was somewhere between 1.25 and 1.35?

Is there any reason to believe the system will be more stable with the ram running at 1600 over 1066? I don't really concern myself much with the potential performance benefits, I just want a stable system and preferably one that boots immediatedly.

Should I perhaps try the settings you suggested, but with the API/vtt set to the same value as the XMP uses?

QPI may or may not need to be that high.

What you can do is enable XMP, write down the settings used (Check in windows with easytune and CPU-tweaker/CPU-z) and then enter them in the BIOS.

If you get errors with QPI, it will be a 0x00000124 BSOD. But yes, your thoughts are right on how you should go about it, if it errors are 1.35 but not at 1.41, somewhere in the middle is likely the stability point.

The system will be faster and more responsive at 1600Mhz for sure, stability doesn't have anything to do with that as you would need to get either speed stable.

Ya, try the settings I gave you and then adjust accordingly to what XMP uses, then try using less QPI/Vtt until it becomes unstable, then go back up a notch or two.

I'm having a huge problem with my GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0) ever since I updated the BIOS from F5 to F6.

Every time I boot the system from cold, the CMOS resets, all the way down to the internal clock. I have to reconfigure the system each time I turn it on, and basically can't turn it off. I'm using virtually the exact same settings as I did in F5, maybe even more conservative settings for the Memory Timings, but it just won't work out.

Once I get to Windows (7 Pro, x64, patched to current with all current drivers), the system is rock solid, like it always has been.

I have tried resetting the CMOS manually by unplugging the power supply, waiting for the LEDs on the board to go dark, then pressing and holding the Clear CMOS button on the I/O panel. I held it for about 2 minutes last time. This had no effect.

I could roll back to F5 but it doesn't sound like many other people are having trouble keeping their systems happy using F6, so I don't think I should have to roll back.

I really need help. The system in question is my primary system and I need it for R&D for my job.

Here's my system info:

GA-X58A-UD5 rev. 1.0 F6
    Core i7-930 @ 191x21 (4.0 GHz) 1.30v
    3x 4GB DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24, stock timings from XMP but manually configured. 1.50v
    QPI/VTT: 1.235v
    CPU Clock Drive: 800mv
    PCI-E Clock Drive: 900mv
    Turbo Boost: Disabled

Geez, there has to be a template or something for this. I'm new to this forum but I've read through this thread a couple of times looking for ideas. The system hasn't had a single problem from when I built it until now at these clocks, using virtually identical settings (I didn't write them down, saved them in the BIOS profile list, but can't restore those across BIOS revisions).

Forgot to mention, from within windows I can monitor my temps and voltages, and everything looks okay. The Battery voltage is well within the normal range.

Flash back to F5 then and wait for a better BIOS, ohh I see you don't want to, sorry I reply as I read :)

You have some very low settings for 12GB of memory at 1600Mhz, that may be the issue or part of it. Can you link us to your memory and give us your full exact settings you are trying that fail, template in my signature.

Battery voltage would be normal in windows as the PSU would be powering it. You could have a dying battery though, only way to know for sure would be to switch it out or go back to F5 and see if the same thing still happens.

My RAM: 3x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL

If the timings I'm using are strict, but they worked perfectly before, then why won't they work now? Also, wouldn't I be unstable in Windows if memory were an issue? I've tested things with LinPack and have had the same results as I did with F5...

As for the timings in specific:

1528 MHz
    CAS Latency: 9
    tRCD: 9
    tRP: 9
    tRAS: 24

tRC: 40
    tRRD 5
    tWTR: 6
    tWR: 12
    tWTP: 24
    tWL: 8
    tRFC: 88
    tRTP: 6
    tFAW: 50
    Command Rate: 1T <--XMP specifies this as 2T but I ran it at 1T without ill effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Flash back to F5 then and wait for a better BIOS, ohh I see you don't want to, sorry I reply as I read :)

You have some very low settings for 12GB of memory at 1600Mhz, that may be the issue or part of it. Can you link us to your memory and give us your full exact settings you are trying that fail, template in my signature.

Battery voltage would be normal in windows as the PSU would be powering it. You could have a dying battery though, only way to know for sure would be to switch it out or go back to F5 and see if the same thing still happens.

Do not set the advanced timings unless you know what you are doing, many of them have rules that must be followed and are tied to other timings as well (Even ones not on that page)

I wanted your full settings, all of them. From what you posted earlier I already think you are not using enough voltages for 12GB of memory at that speed, so I need to see your full settings before I advise back.

Do not set the advanced timings unless you know what you are doing, many of them have rules that must be followed and are tied to other timings as well (Even ones not on that page)

I wanted your full settings, all of them. From what you posted earlier I already think you are not using enough voltages for 12GB of memory at that speed, so I need to see your full settings before I advise back.
    Working on a full settings template now that I've noticed the link in your sig. I'm on it and will edit this post with the results in just a moment.

EDIT:
    Code:
    Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock Ratio ....................... [21x]
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech ............. [Disabled]
    CPU Cores Enabled ..................... [All]
    CPU Multi Threading ................... [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ............... [Enabled]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support ................ [Enabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor ................... [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function ..................... [Enabled]
    Virtualization Technology ............. [Enabled]
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT ................ [Enabled]

Uncore & QPI Features:
    QPI Link Speed ........................ [x36]
    Uncore Frequency ...................... [6.87GHz] (Always 2x memory Multi or 2x +1)
    Isonchronous Support .................. [Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ............. [Enabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) .................. [191]
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive ....................... [800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ............... [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ........................ [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ........................ [0ps]

Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance ................... [Turbo] (I have tried standard as well, no change)
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ........ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [8.0]
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Quick]
    Channel Interleaving .................. [6]
    Rank Interleaving ..................... [4]

Channel A + B + C

Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ...................... [9]
    tRCD .................................. [9]
    tRP ................................... [9]
    tRAS .................................. [24]

##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ................................... [40] (Should be = tRAS + tRP or above for stability)
    tRRD .................................. [5]
    tWTR .................................. [6] (Must be Write to Read Delay/Same Rank - (tWL + 4)
    tWR ................................... [12]
    tWTP .................................. [24]  (tWTP Must = tWR + tWL + 4)
    tWL ................................... [8]    (tWL Must be CAS Latency -1)
    tRFC .................................. [88]
    tRTP .................................. [6]
    tFAW .................................. [50]
    Command Rate (CMD) .................... [1]

##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency .................... [Auto]

B2B CAS Delay ......................... [Auto]

Advanced Voltage Control:

CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Level 1]
    CPU Vcore ............................. [1.300v]
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ................ [1.235v]
    CPU PLL 1.800v ........................ [Auto]

MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ........................... [1.500v]
    QPI PLL 1.100v ........................ [Auto]
    IOH Core 1.100v ....................... [Auto]
    ICH I/O 1.500v ........................ [Auto]
    ICH Core 1.1v ......................... [Auto]

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v ................... [1.500v]
    DRAM Termination 0.750v ............... [AUTO]
    Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v ................ [AUTO]
    Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v ................ [AUTO]
    Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v ................ [AUTO]
    Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v ............. [AUTO]
    Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v ............. [AUTO]
    Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v ............. [AUTO]

Power Management Setup
    ACPI Suspend Type ..................... [S3(STR)]
    HPET Support .......................... [Enabled]
    HPET Mode ............................. [64-bit mode]
    ErP Support ........................... [Enabled]    <-- Could this be a problem?
    I straightened it all out and added things that were missing where appropriate. If you need any other settings I might have missed, I'll add them.
    Last edited by Kaishi; 09-15-2010 at 03:05 AM.

K, in your template please write auto for all things you are using auto on.
    I did. I copied every variable as I had placed it, and [AUTO] where I left it on Auto. I figured out my settings for the RAM from the XMP profile, but I am not using XMP. I just manually entered those settings, and it has seemed to work in the past.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information